How long do you play a game for?

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

with one team or? give us a run done of what teams ya have been with ?? thast so awesome :)

Started a game with Southampton on the demo, 7 seasons later i'm still with them. In fact it was how well I was doing with Southampton that convinced me to go out and buy the full version :D

I've started a few other games (New saves) periodically but never got any further than half a season with them, mostly due to becoming disinterested.

how well you doing with southampton??? im at leeds my self haha

Boston united for 20 years? holy crap that is like dedication mate good luck where ya got em at the moment?

I used to play for 50-60 years with the (much) older versions but I haven't gone beyond about 5-10 seasons with the last few updates.

The long term play is nowhere near as good as it used to be and it starts to grate after a while and normally drives me back to earlier versions.

I suppose because I prefer the simplicity of the older games.

The focus was more on team building and so you could go through seasons much faster. It takes far longer to play a season now because of all the added stuff like press conferences, team talks and micro-management of your team which I find quite tedious. I find it more fun without all that hassle.

im currently in 2022 with leeds and have been with them since game start.

won league 1 first attempt

2nd in championship first attempt

3 seasons of buliding in remiership survived all 3 won league cup once

5th missed CL by a point won league cup

4th got through group stages but then crashed out of CL won league cup

1st in prem won cL won fa cup

won league won fa cup won CL

currently 2nd in prem at christmas with games in hand still in all cups

probably missed a few seasons out there as i cant rememeber them.

star players who arnt regens.

lloris 5 stars

jordan spence 4 and half stars

dodo 4 stars

sandro 3 4 stars

delph 5 stars

pjanic 5 stars

pato 4 and half stars

alex sanchez 4 and half stars

rest are regens but all 5 star and absoloutly brilliant

Usually a save lasts 5-10 seasons. I start getting bored around the 5 season mark. On FM10 though I'm stil playing my original save, and I still have so much to do, like dafuge's challenge, Super Bladesman's edit etc etc. There will be no point in me getting FM11 at this rate!

I still will though :D

I used to be able to rack up a good 30 year game in the old days of CM, but now thanks to being married and having kids and all that "responsibility" lark I tend to play for about 7/8 years then restart. To get a good long game going I need to get into the addiction zone which sadly I cannot do grabbing just a couple of hours here and there.

I should be on it right now come to think of it!!!

I've had the game since release and I haven't managed to finish a single season on any of the 9 or 10 saves I've started. I too need to get into the "addiction zone" but due to work, family etc I just don't seem to be able to. I usually manage in England, Spain, Italy, France or Holland and I'm thinking about giving one of the weaker/smaller nations a bash in an attempt to reignite my interest in the Football Manager series. Been playing since the Domark days in the early/mid 90's and this is the first game I've had this problem with. Dafuge's challenge is something I'm considering but again I'm not sure I have the time to put into it.

Since 07 tried to stick with one 'main' save after having a tendency to restart after 10-15 years maximum, usually because I changed my mind on league set-up (now I just live with it if that happens), though on that one there eventually started to be data loss issues and I retired after 30 seasons (making 2036 the furthest I got so far), 08 didn't run well and I never got any main save going (after a while of having my 1st save corrupted and every one I tried to start being lost, I think it was due to a patch and it stopped when I deleted it), stuck to one save on 09 but until the last couple of months didn't play anywhere near as much as I otherwise would, having to sort out a lot of things and the power issues I had with my laptop for months before I as able to get a new one didn't help, though managed to get up to 2032-3. Up to 2030 at the moment so should be able to beat my record easily and get many more in before FM11.

Archived