naughty boys

I dont know if this has been suggested before but while playing fm during tonights chelsea game my wife seeing a shot of John Terry asked if my players ever behaved badly. Maybe in the next version we could have teammates having affairs and getting in to trouble and the media stirring up stuff unsettling the squad just a thought

Wouldn't there be any legal issues? Not sure SI could get away with basically making up libellous rumours about players.

They do do it with Newgens but can't with the real players due to legal reasons. Could you imagine the reaction if someone was having a conversation with a mate about the game and say's "Oh I got a message saying So and So was coming out of a club at 4am and missed training cos of it." and the other guy says it to someone else. Before you know it SI's got a lawsuit on it's hands.

This is raised regularly and it's always a terrible idea.

Firstly there is the very real legal aspect:

legal reasons? Because a game-manufactor makes a little reality-push into one of the games they make?? COME ON!! Talking bout borring people!

It's nothing to do with being boring you numpty. SI/SEGA are not going to risk being taken to court by a disgruntled footballer for a completely pointless feature like this.

Secondly, as hinted above, it is a pointless feature that would add nothing of any value to the game. This is not The Sims.

And finally, can you imagine the complaints on here. 'Omg, my star player missed a big game because he had to have a day off from having an affair. This is rubbish, sort it out SI'.

I thought that this game was supposed to represent, as much as possible, the real life pressures of managing a football club. Unfortunalty part of a managers role is to deal with crisis and dramas created by their playing staff.

If SI were to introduce this events on the same model as injuries then I canot see how any legal issues could arise, as it would be a completly random event. So unless it could be proven that a certain event was coded to always occur to a single player I fail to see how SI/SEGA could be taken to court.

In fact why hasn't their already been cases of this, if a real life player felt it was 'defamation of character' that his computer character went awol or publicly slammed his manager especialy if this was contrary to his real life demeanor?

I thought that this game was supposed to represent, as much as possible, the real life pressures of managing a football club. Unfortunalty part of a managers role is to deal with crisis and dramas created by their playing staff.

Nope, the game is supposed to find the best possible balance between realism and fun. There are already news items in referring to players having personal problems, in fact there's a thread about one on the first page of this forum. So I don't think it needs expanding on to include exact details of what the personal problems are, what would be the point?

If SI were to introduce this events on the same model as injuries then I canot see how any legal issues could arise, as it would be a completly random event. So unless it could be proven that a certain event was coded to always occur to a single player I fail to see how SI/SEGA could be taken to court.

Players getting injured in real life does not call thier chracter into question. Players having affairs or drunken brawls does. So it is in no way the same as injuries.

In fact why hasn't their already been cases of this, if a real life player felt it was 'defamation of character' that his computer character went awol or publicly slammed his manager especialy if this was contrary to his real life demeanor?

See above. There is nothing that would seriously call a players character into question in real life that is currently in the game.

'defamation of character' can be attributed to the slightest of things, so Yes a player could be upset if his game charcter starts mouthing off in public if his real life persona was the complete opposite so could as much offended by this as he would be if his charcter was arrested for drink driving in the game.

Not another thread about this, it's like Groundhog Day in this forum lately, we just get the same threads and same discussions all the time.

And for that very reason this is closed, a search would have revealed at least 4 similar threads.

Archived