Transfer Dealings  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Transfer Dealings

• Turn off transfer window at start of new game
    • Only Players that will bolster weak areas of the team
    • Splash the cash on 'Star' signings
    • Youth Players only
    • Frees and Loans

I buy good kids, probably a few to many, then try to get really good ones for my first team, I tend to rely on scouts and the transfer lists.

I also sell anyone I get a decent offfer for, no matter their status in my squad

I tend to sign players for positions that I think my first team line-up is weak in. If I have money left, I go about ensuring I have a quality replacement for each first teamer. I'll tend to do the same in the second season, as usually there'll be one or two players who have disappointed me, or arent unhappy with their role. Then if I've got cash left, I'll look for youth players in positions that I've got an older player in. So if most of my team are under 27, but I've got a striker and a winger over that, I'll go for a couple of 16-17 year olds in those positions.

By third season at a club(usually anyway, depends on finances), I'll pretty much only sign youth players if I can get away with it. I as a rule only buy players under the age of 27. Though rules are made to be broken.

When playing a club law on cash, I'm very sober with transfer dealing, buying only players better than my current ones and very promising youngsters, usually getting them for peanuts from transfer list or from free transfer.

When I get some bigger money thought I tend to get crazy and massively overpay :(

I would love to add my vote. Unfortunately the poll does not support any mixed approach and will thus only be able to be used by people with a very limited and one-sided approach :thdn:

...apart from combining comletely unrelated issues (see first option)...

Archived