15 first team players unhappy

I fined my midfielder 1 weeks wage for 2 yellow cards in the second game off the season. its my first season with oxford united and in my inbox flies 15 players saying i unfairly treated their team mate. Is this a record or is it because i started off with sunday league rep, the players see me as an easy target ????

Wasn't like that in 10.2

Two yellows = Warning

Straight Red = 1 week fine

Violent Behaviour = 2 Week fine

Two yellows = warning

Straight Red = 1 week fine = mutiny

Violent Behaviour = 2 week fine = something.

I do tend go off this order really, for matches, or for yellow cards, red cards that sort of thing:-

1st offence. Do nothing

2nd offence, it's a warning

3rd offence. It's going to be a 1 week fine

4th offence 2 weeks fine. By now I am peeved, they're probs in the reserves by now.

But, for not turning up for training, that's an automatic fine 1 weeks wages straight of the bat.

From my own rules I wouldn't off done it. But narked of 15 players I'd be mighty nice to the players for a bit.

I fined my midfielder 1 weeks wage for 2 yellow cards in the second game off the season. its my first season with oxford united and in my inbox flies 15 players saying i unfairly treated their team mate. Is this a record or is it because i started off with sunday league rep, the players see me as an easy target ????

keep doing that, i'm serious. they might get unhappy but that will vanish in less then 1 week. if you just make 1 warning that player will do same thing again very soon. that also happened to me and the player said it wasn't fair, some players also complained, i put them all on reserve team and guess what, 2 days later everyone except the player that was fined were happy again, one more day later the player apologised. player never was sent off again

I do tend go off this order really, for matches, or for yellow cards, red cards that sort of thing:-

1st offence. Do nothing

2nd offence, it's a warning

3rd offence. It's going to be a 1 week fine

4th offence 2 weeks fine. By now I am peeved, they're probs in the reserves by now.

But, for not turning up for training, that's an automatic fine 1 weeks wages straight of the bat.

From my own rules I wouldn't off done it. But narked of 15 players I'd be mighty nice to the players for a bit.

Doing nothing for a first offence is not a good idea, you usually get someone bitching about lack of discipline. Depends on the character of your players though.

I was putting my foot down, letting them know who's boss etc, now it looks like i have lost the dressing room !!!

Would it be worth calling a team meeting, can i apologise to the player (s) ????

Arghhh! No! You got it right in the first place! In the long run, they WILL respect your authority.

Think of it from a personal perspective. If you made two small, commonplace errors at work, how would you feel if your boss then took a week's wages from you? If I were the midfielder, I'd have sued you from here to kingdom come in this situation. There's no way two yellows is worthy of anything except your support that you'll keep on picking the player.

A red card for violent conduct is another matter altogether, but even then, generally only a warning should be necessary. However, you can begin to fine for repeat offences.

The game doesn't (seem to) distinguish between "good" red cards and "bad" ones.

Would you fine Drogba for last night's red card? He'd expect his manager to back him up.

My DC was sent off for an outrageous professional foul (last few minutes, clean through on goal, a foot outside the area, viscous tackle from behind...) but it earned us two points. They're called "professional" fouls for a reason. I gave him a warning, he accepted it.

In another save my FC was sent off twice in three matches - once for arguing with an official. If there was ever a justified fine, that was it but I only warned him and he complained to the press, got sulky, missed training...

As I said, the game doesn't care "why" it just expects you to react. It's just numbers on a magnetic disc.

keep doing that, i'm serious. they might get unhappy but that will vanish in less then 1 week. if you just make 1 warning that player will do same thing again very soon. that also happened to me and the player said it wasn't fair, some players also complained, i put them all on reserve team and guess what, 2 days later everyone except the player that was fined were happy again, one more day later the player apologised. player never was sent off again

This.

I fined Vukojevic for a sending off in one game and literally every player in my first team squad was angered by my decision. I did nothing, and within the week they all came to agree with my decision.

They all know who wears the trousers round St. James Park these days. :cool:

I agree with the above.

I always rule with an iron fist and I never see any disharmony in my squad. It's all about discipline and consistency.

If a player criticizes your management for any reason then get rid of him asap. It is far better in the long term because you will end up with an easier squad to manage.

interesting,ill try that.

I posted this in another thread a few hours ago:

I've just had a similar experience. My captain got a red card for persistent fouling and I fined him a week's wages. Not only was he angry with me but half the first team squad were. I was extremely concerned, but I didn't panic and after two or three weeks one by one they came round (well, still waiting for 3). They all have positive personalities.

Archived