Lower the morale of a striker going through a drought

B4 anyone jumps on my back about creating threads that have existed b4, i have looked for this and found nothing, and it would seem to be a good idea that would also reflect what happens irl.

Generally speaking, whenever you put together a decent set of wins, all of your team will have superb morale, even strikers going through a worse drought than a desert.

How about changing the morale of strikers with respect to how long it has been since their last goal, irrespective of team morale. For example if he goes 5 games without scoring his morale would understandably be poor. 10 games without and it would be very poor. And to keep them at their level of morale until they do find the net again.

I personally think thats a little inflexible to work.

You could have a support type striker (e.g. Heskey) who is not going to score many, but may be playing well, in a successful team. Surely you couldn't arbitrarily give him low morale?

Also, I'm sure there are numerous factors which affect a players morale, rather than a simplistic goals scored divided by games played.

More to the point, has anyone had a striker go through a drought on 10.3? Strikers seem very effective.

The 1 season on 10.3 that i played 2 of my 3 strikers went 9 games each without scoring, at the same time,whereas on 10.2 they can knock them in for fun.

I've got a TM who is going through a lean spell. His Morale is Very Poor and he has only managed 3 goals in 28 games (and two of those were in a European Qualifying games before the season started properly). A spell in reserves didn't help things either as he couldn't even score in those matches. I'd drop him but I've got four other strikers on the long term injured list.

Every player goes through a spell like that. Rooney had his in 1315-1317.

Morale isn't just based on performance. It's to do with how well the team are performing in the league, the form the team is on, bonuses promissed, praise during/after matches etc.

It's all very complicated. You can't just lump morale in with not scoring goals.

Morale isn't just based on performance. It's to do with how well the team are performing in the league, the form the team is on, bonuses promissed, praise during/after matches etc.

It's all very complicated. You can't just lump morale in with not scoring goals.

Usually irl, a striker on a lean spell tends to be v nervous in front of goal, and the spell continues.

Rooney wasn't around in the 14th century!

Unless you mean he had a lean spell between 1.15 pm and 1.17 pm, which is a two minute lean spell.

I am very confused by what you actually mean.

On my current game save on patch version 10.3.

I have players going through goal droughts with very good, if not they've great moral. It's a team game, I would like them to have at least to have scored a goal. Just because they've had a dry patch on scoring goals. It shouldn't then effect there moral.

Loads of factors to consider, great defence, great goalkeeping, the striker created lots of assists, I could go on and on. If it was very, very long period of time, then this would make sense, I also echo the fact this would be very hard to implement into the game.

Rooney wasn't around in the 14th century!

Unless you mean he had a lean spell between 1.15 pm and 1.17 pm, which is a two minute lean spell.

I am very confused by what you actually mean.

He's a potato. Work the rest out for yourself.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... [lol - my "m" key is sticking!]

Michael Owen went through a terrible drought at one stage - but his manager kept playing him, and for good reason.

Owen said it himself on a children's TV football programme - the striker's job isn't just to score goals, but also to drag defenders out of position to allow space for other players to score.

At the time, he was one of the most marked players in the league - they stuck to him like glue. By running slightly wide, he would drag the defenders out of position and allow an attacking midfielder to get a shot in.

They can also hassle defences into mistakes which create opportunities for other team mates.

As long as the team is winning, it shouldn't be a problem.

If they don't win, and the striker has missed 3 sitters - that's another matter. If the striker has had great opportunities and failed to convert them, then that can be bad news for morale. Even then, some characters are optimistic every time they go onto the pitch - even after a dreadful performance in the last game.

Archived