Ball chasing defenders! Arrrrgggh

After watching my world class LB run half the length of the pitch to close down the opps left CF who was being closed down by my RB and RCB, actually running past my LCB who then followed him to leave the opps R Mid and RCF free to prance through the middle with the latter getting on the end of the lovely ball the opps LCF managed to put past four players! After watching this, I notice that the bloody marking issues are still not sorted!

Was a very important game too btw. ;)

Its worth a try. As was explained in the thread (I forget which one, sorry) it means that your defence, in theory, should form a solid bank of players which will be harder for your opponents to bypass with neat little triangle passes.

I've set mine to 2 or 3 notches up from the minimum and it definitely seems to help.

It's not set very high, just under 'whole pitch' I think. I'll tone it down some more and see.

Ta.

Whoa, I think that is pretty high. I set mine to just above Own Area and my CB even lower then that. They still occasionally close down a bit too early for my liking even on those settings.

In past fms I had my full backs closing down set to max and have always had one of the best defences. I think fullbacks should be closing down up and down the pitch. That's their job.

I've tone it down now though and they are doing a lot better. Closing down a lot but sticking to their own side of the pitch. (as a fb should without ANY instruction at all tbh)

cheers guys.

Archived