Whats the best way to....

Depends how realistic you want the game to be. The best way imo is to use your scouts, set them to search for young players or to scout under 19 competitions.

If you want quick results then you can use an external scouting programme, head over to the editors forum for more details.

Might wanna check your scouts are man enough for the job if you arent getting anything decent say mid season 2 - going into the start of season 3.

Upon starting a new game i always go and hire some new scouts by filtering by Ass Man thinks likely to want to come to the club then setup my own filter for judging PA and CA 15.

The purists will say this is cheating but i say if you are an unknown manager who has an assisant with deeper knowledge of these things or better ties to the people available then thats what hes there for. :D

Always get your backroom setup right before clicking that first continue mate!!!! FUNDAMENTALS!!!!! :D

I use the filter to look for 16 yr olds, go for the most expensive 16yr olds and they are normally quite good. I also scout the under 19s comps, Germany and Spain I have found to be the best. I also scout different regions and put filters for under 18s. Hope that helps!

What I generally do when I look for established players, is look for the attributes I want in the player. So depending how i'm feeling in the game and how my budget is looking because younger players tend to cost a fair bit. I look for youth players dependent on their attributes but toning it down from say 15 to 10/11.

Stood me in good stead so far, I have 3 of the 5 best valued players on the game which i've taken through my ranks.

I generally try and sign 2 or 3 scouts with good atts for judging potential and then they spend 100% of their time doing nothing but search for regens all over the world. I set the filter for max age at 16 and a decently high work-rate, determination and ideally a relevent stat for their position.

Archived