36 year old

I have done in the past but start to regret it when their inflated wages are eating my club after a while. Might be worth hiring them for a year only, if you're a bit skint.

It's good for boosting mental attributes and passing on Preferred Player Moves though.

Signed Christian Vieri for free, my first signing for Leeds. Played up front all season and trained youngsters. Scored 19 goals in 32 games :D

Yeh I'll do it if I have a crap squad. But I wouldn't sign a 36 year old when I have a 24 year old that's better than they are now.

Like said previously, it all depends on wages. I brought Ferdinand and Vidic in on my Boro save when they were free agents for under 10k a week each. They played only when my first choice defenders were injured and tutored youngsters in season they were there.

Good idea imo.

Vieri did a good job for me in just such a role. He could score for toffee in the Championship, but he was on about the same wages as a coach and was helpful in training the young 'uns. He also became an excellent scout for me when he retired.

I'm thinking of signing Nesta in the 3rd season for the same reason (depending on wages). He would also be a handy backup CB for half a season while Otamendi decides whether to **** or get off the pot.

Well i think as stated before it depends on Wages, YOur budget and the what they could bring to your squad.

As Ispwich i don't have much money to Sign players with so i use transfer budget to increase wage budget so can sign extra players on free or loans to have good squad size. Signing Beckham on Free on December he still has good Stats and will look to use him and be role model for some of my younger players.

I'm in year 2012

I just brought Rio Ferdinand age 35 for my Ajax team, got him on a 6 month contract (35k a week) till the end of the season, if he does well he can have a new one, Im hoping he can tutor some of the kids around him, apart from my keeper he is the only player I have over 28

I sign old players to train my youngsters but I also have a look to see if they want a coaching job in the future, if they do then I will try and sign them so that they can join my coaching staff when they retire.

Archived