A must have feature in any new FM games.

I am not sure if this is possible, but here it goes anyway!

FM is a great game, but like any games, it likes to eat processes, especially when running multiple leagues. This is acceptable, because afterall, the game needs to calculate LOTS of leagues at the same time.

Now, many of us dont have many problems, because we have a 1337 PC, which runs FM with ease. This is me included. However, when running lots of leagues, problems do occur!

For example, Im sitting on a Quad Core 3.0Ghz with 1Gb graphics card and 8Gb Ram. I decided to try the "Extended English Database" which sets up leagues all the way down to Level 11. After playing a few games with a large database, I noticed that its just too slow and unacceptable. I tried again, with a small database, which is better and faster, but the processing takes too long and eventually I gave up!

What I suggest is a change to how FM manages leagues.

Currently, when starting a new game, you have choose your leagues and after the game kicks off, you can NEVER change these settings. It has been like this since the very first CM games. This is annoying and poor, especially when you dont want a league running any more.

What I want SI Games to implement (and please correct me if this is impossible), is to have a dynamic database, that a user can change at any time. To give a few examples:

1) I start a game all the way down to Level 11 in the English league. The game is slow, so I decide to Disable the first 7 Level leagues, and just play the lower leagues. This saves processing power, and makes my game faster. Now lets say I get promoted from a Level 11 league to a Level 8 league. Now I am not interested in the lower leagues anymore, and I can now disable those leagues and enable the top 7 leagues. Again, saves processing power and makes the game faster.

2) I start an English league, all the way down to League 2. I play a few seasons and get sacked. So now I dont want to play in the English league anymore. I go and enable the Spanish and Italian leagues in my game and disable the English league.

What would make this game really great, is for the user to dynamically change what leagues they want to play in. So the game isnt stuck in whatever leagues you originally loaded. Make the league change as and when a user wants, without starting a new game.

I dont understand why SI have not implemented this yet, or why this is impossible. Sure it may require lots of work, but in the end, the result will be worth it. This is a MUCH NEEDED feature in FM.

No more starting new games because you havnt loaded a league. Let the league load dynamically when you want to!.

So how might this work?

Well, lets, see. You load up a Spanish league. Obviously the game now needs to calculate all the scores and league tables. This can be done. Let the game run through the whole season, upto the date in your load. Let it calculate all the scores, all the transfers, all league positions, everything. This may take some time, because its essentially like "holidaying" but eventually your new league will be playable.

No more "Playable" or "View only" league. Any league can be playable at any time, or any league can be view only at any time. Any league can be turned off and on at any time.

I think this would improve FM a lot and make the game so much better than it currently is (and its pretty awesome atm anyway!)

Please SI Games, consider this request, or explain why this isnt possible

I like the thought of the idea, but I cannot see it being implemented any time soon. When you activate a 'new' league, are all the players newgens or will the game take the database players and age them a year? This would also be difficult for long term games. Could you imagine how long processing would take to generate results and statistics for 50 seasons of 4 divisions of Spanish football? Unfortunately it just doesn't seem like it could work.

maybe you could changes leagues between 'view only' and 'playable' at the end of each season, but not add leagues that weren't selected at all in the beginning? That way, at least some, if not most, of the data should have been keeping up to date with your game..

It's been brought up a few times but I think it would be great. Especially with the ability to load so many tiers now. I've just started in tier 7 and (hopefully) I'll end up much higher, at the point I reach higher leagues, those lower tiers are going to make my game drag for no advantage.

I like the thought of the idea, but I cannot see it being implemented any time soon. When you activate a 'new' league, are all the players newgens or will the game take the database players and age them a year? This would also be difficult for long term games. Could you imagine how long processing would take to generate results and statistics for 50 seasons of 4 divisions of Spanish football? Unfortunately it just doesn't seem like it could work.

I agree, it will take some time, but if you want to play, then you will wait :). Essentially tho, I doubt many people will implement a new league after 50 seasons!. But I can see your point. However, a simple message could be displayed saying "This process will take a long time". End of the day, its up to the user. If you are in year 2050, and you want to play Spanish leagues, Im sure you will wait it out :). Its faster than starting a new game and going to the year 2050 again :)

But the game also doesnt need to calculate all the previous results for that league. It can only calculate the CURRENT league results, and not the results for the previous 50 years. Although you COULD have an option for the game to make these calculations.

maybe you could changes leagues between 'view only' and 'playable' at the end of each season, but not add leagues that weren't selected at all in the beginning? That way, at least some, if not most, of the data should have been keeping up to date with your game..

Thats not a bad idea either :) If you have a league as "View Only" then the load should be faster that starting a league from scratch

I've been suggesting this sort of thing for years, the usual line is about it being too difficult to start up leagues mid game.

2 suggestions that should be a lot easier to implement...

1. We should be able to turn leagues off when they are no longer needed. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, by the time I get in the top divisions I don't want the pc chewing up my processor on the lower leagues. So we should be able to change them from playable to view only at some point in the game.

This would also be handy for players that get so far into the game that it starts to slow down a lot, they could change a playable to view only every now and then so they can keep playing their game.

2. Having Playable and view only in the same country, obviously view only can't or shouldn't be above playable. So with this option you could have English L2 and up set to playable and the leagues underneath set to view only.

My problem with FM has always been that saved games get progressively slower the longer they run for, and when you start out on a career game there's nothing to indicate that by season 30 your game will have gone from speedy to unplayable. Anything which stops this being the case, or at least gives the user a bit of flexibility, can only be a good thing!

maybe it is hard to create a system to do this but this game has world class reputation and people all around the world play this so SI must work on it i think. the game does not have high graphic details like call of duty or assasin creed etc.. and it is not needed too. the game is complicated enough but i want some more.

The game handles active and non-active leagues differently. Thus I assume it would be impossible to add leagues to any save after its creation (usually the player data won't even be loaded up to a sufficient amount).

However, vice versa it may be absolutely possible to introduce the option to get rid of some leagues after the creation of the game. After that those leagues would of course be a bit overpopulated at first but other than that there should not be too many issues with it.

Good idea :):thup:

I've been suggesting this sort of thing for years, the usual line is about it being too difficult to start up leagues mid game.

2 suggestions that should be a lot easier to implement...

1. We should be able to turn leagues off when they are no longer needed. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, by the time I get in the top divisions I don't want the pc chewing up my processor on the lower leagues. So we should be able to change them from playable to view only at some point in the game.

This would also be handy for players that get so far into the game that it starts to slow down a lot, they could change a playable to view only every now and then so they can keep playing their game.

2. Having Playable and view only in the same country, obviously view only can't or shouldn't be above playable. So with this option you could have English L2 and up set to playable and the leagues underneath set to view only.

That would work, and should be easy to implement no? I think SI Games need to get this feature implemented

Good Idea, Ive never started a lower tier but probably would if it was easier to run the game as my laptop is a bit sluggish

Exactly why I am posting this idea. I have a 1337 PC but even for me, its slow :(

My problem with FM has always been that saved games get progressively slower the longer they run for, and when you start out on a career game there's nothing to indicate that by season 30 your game will have gone from speedy to unplayable. Anything which stops this being the case, or at least gives the user a bit of flexibility, can only be a good thing!

Exactly. The game has been running the same for years now, its time for a change!

maybe it is hard to create a system to do this but this game has world class reputation and people all around the world play this so SI must work on it i think. the game does not have high graphic details like call of duty or assasin creed etc.. and it is not needed too. the game is complicated enough but i want some more.

It maybe hard, but SI Games still need to do this.

The game handles active and non-active leagues differently. Thus I assume it would be impossible to add leagues to any save after its creation (usually the player data won't even be loaded up to a sufficient amount).

However, vice versa it may be absolutely possible to introduce the option to get rid of some leagues after the creation of the game. After that those leagues would of course be a bit overpopulated at first but other than that there should not be too many issues with it.

Well, maybe its time to change the way the game handles leagues all together? Its been the same for years now. I think its time a major overhaul. SI have improved the game so much over the years, but the basic league engine is still 10+ years old. Its time for a major overhaul, so the game can be totally dynamic, so players can turn on or off any leagues they want at any time in their save :)

Good idea :):thup:

In the old days, you could switch between selected leagues being 'foreground' and 'background' leagues as long as you weren't managing in that league at the time. So I'd imagine it could be workable..

Oh yeah I remember that feature! Where has it gone now?

they have full detail (where games are actually played and you can see the reports) and erm whatever the other is called for each competiton/league you running. Surely that is already a huge progression from simply having background/foreground. And you can change it at any time you choose. So it's not like SI has being doing nothing regarding this issue.

Same here. I run 28 odd leagues on minimum detail, with 40% of those on view only.

What I'd like to be able to do, beyond detail level, is not have to have CCC down to BSP running in playable mode.

A better explanation from SI would help too. I notice that view only league teams are weaker, and have no proper finances running.

Archived