Consortium Takeover Taking Forever....

I have played many versions of FM for hundreds of hours and this is the first time I have been directly affected by a possible takeover:

I managed to bring Leeds to the top of the Championship with about 15 games remaining, when I received a notice of a possible takeover...for the remainder of the season I would receive the same emails, the first stating that the talks hit the rocks, then a second stating that talks resumed...on and on this cycle of emails played out, along with an occasional I might be fired if the takeover occurs....I won the Championship and have moved on to the Premier League, and yet, this takeover is still in limbo..meanwhile, I was budgeted 48 million but, as per the rules, my ability to sign players has been frozen. It is now late August, and the transfer window is about to close and the cycle of the same emails still appears....I am not even able to get players on loan, though I was able to accept a loan player from AC Milan, which I thought was a bit contrary.....

If the transfer window closes with me locked out, I'll be lucky to win 6 games...

So, if this is considered "realistic" then so be it, but from a gameplay standpoint, I would rather have been fired from a successful takeover before the season began, then be fired because I take the team back to the Championship due to lack of signings which is beyond my control....

Has anyone else experienced takeover talks lasting for so long?

I have played many versions of FM for hundreds of hours and this is the first time I have been directly affected by a possible takeover:

I managed to bring Leeds to the top of the Championship with about 15 games remaining, when I received a notice of a possible takeover...for the remainder of the season I would receive the same emails, the first stating that the talks hit the rocks, then a second stating that talks resumed...on and on this cycle of emails played out, along with an occasional I might be fired if the takeover occurs....I won the Championship and have moved on to the Premier League, and yet, this takeover is still in limbo..meanwhile, I was budgeted 48 million but, as per the rules, my ability to sign players has been frozen. It is now late August, and the transfer window is about to close and the cycle of the same emails still appears....I am not even able to get players on loan, though I was able to accept a loan player from AC Milan, which I thought was a bit contrary.....

If the transfer window closes with me locked out, I'll be lucky to win 6 games...

So, if this is considered "realistic" then so be it, but from a gameplay standpoint, I would rather have been fired from a successful takeover before the season began, then be fired because I take the team back to the Championship due to lack of signings which is beyond my control....

Has anyone else experienced takeover talks lasting for so long?

Exactly the same thing happened to me with Leeds. I managed to scrape survival with a paper thin Championship squad.

Worst thing is the takeover was completed 2 days after the transfer window was closed!

Exactly the same thing happened to me with Leeds. I managed to scrape survival with a paper thin Championship squad.

Worst thing is the takeover was completed 2 days after the transfer window was closed!

That's good to know...If my takeover is resolved 2 days after the transfer window closes, then I'll suspect that we both fell into the same script......

Maybe you can make some free transfers to bolster your squad,just a suggestion.

I tried that, especially when all of the teams started dumping players, but I was given severe restrictions on the wages I could offer, even though I was 300k under wage budget....I was never able to compete with other teams offers because of the imposed wage restrictions.....

Well there must be different levels of restrictions imposed when these talks begin, because I am not able to sign decent/quality free transfers which could make an impact in the Premier League, and I'm blocked to initiate any loans...I guess I'll just take my lumps and maybe manage to stay afloat....

I had a ridiculous situation in one of my games. Having taken a Scottish amateur club up through six flights of the "new" Scottish pyramid system (hefty amount of work on the editor), a consortium announced it was taking over and I had a transfer embargo covering ALL of the transfer window prior to my first season in the top flight AND all of the winter window too!

Archived