Does offering a greyed out players a new contract changes their identity???

I'm currently Liverpool, 5th season

As my youth team only had 1 keeper atm, I tried to offer a greyed out keeper a contract.

After a day i receive a message that the player has accepted the contract offer under different name and nationality(WHAT??!!!:confused:).

How could a greyed out player's details changed if i offer contract to him. Surely this is a bug.

Anyone encounter this in their game? Should I report this in Bug forum or wat?

if you noticed, all grey out players will change their name very often. Before a match, a player may be called, Danny Hall etc. After the match, he may be called Simon Adams. It's coded by SI this way, but I don't know the reason. The attributes, however, will always remain the same.

Don't know whether it's a bug or not, but it doesn't seem right to me. I mean.....what's the point?

If you're giving a contract to a player, grey or not, i'd like to believe that he wouldn't change his name and/or nationality when the contract is accepted.

I haven't been dealing with grey players that way on this version yet, but i remember 09. If i gave a grey player a contract, and he accepted....he would simply disappear.

Never to be seen again.

I have played with grey players on this version though, and i haven't noticed that grey players change their names after matches.

Sometimes they would disappear, as i had enough real players to choose from, and come back again during another injury crisis.

And i've always been able to find that same player again, for the same position :confused:

Anyways. If you're unsure OP, then give it a try in the bugs forum. IMO it shouldn't be like that. That's just me :D

Archived