[10.3] Insane transfer demands

I now understand why people complain about unrealistic transfers.

I started a new game with Lyon on 10.3 today, and just to expand my horizon, enquired about Tosic. This is Fergies demands:

He wants £89m + Källstrøm for a backup-player!!!

14ZoranTosic.png

- Negotiate.

- Haggle.

- Offer a low non-negotiable deal and work from there.

- Unsettle the player.

They don't want to sell him, but I'm sure they'd sell him for a hell of a lot less than that.

If they didn't want to sell him, they wouldn't rate him as a backup-player.

I understand that "backup" doesn't mean transfer-listed, but still. A simple 'NO' would suffice.. It was an enquiry, not a bid.

Backup = they want to keep him and use him, and despite his young age see him as a first team squad player.

They're trying their luck to see how much you want the player, and rather than saying 'no' they're suggesting they're willing to sell - but also hoping you'll want him enough to pay a stupid amount.

Backup = they want to keep him and use him, and despite his young age see him as a first team squad player.

They're trying their luck to see how much you want the player, and rather than saying 'no' they're suggesting they're willing to sell - but also hoping you'll want him enough to pay a stupid amount.

That may be, but seing as I'm Lyon and don't even have close to a stupid amount of anything, he should know to pick his battles. (Imho)

They know you're a big team with money to spend. Obviously they don't know the exact amount you have, but you'd surely do the same when a high reputation club come knocking.

If, say, Real Madrid came in for one of your squad players would you try and ask for a stupidly high amount, even if you were prepared to take much less?

Just try offering, say.. £10mil non-negotiable and see what they say.

If they didn't want to sell him, they wouldn't rate him as a backup-player.

I understand that "backup" doesn't mean transfer-listed, but still. A simple 'NO' would suffice.. It was an enquiry, not a bid.

People used to complain when the AI said no, now they complain when they are quoted a price.

It seems SI can't win :rolleyes:

They know you're a big team with money to spend. Obviously they don't know the exact amount you have, but you'd surely do the same when a high reputation club come knocking.

If, say, Real Madrid came in for one of your squad players would you try and ask for a stupidly high amount, even if you were prepared to take much less?

I know what you mean, but I'd say 35 mill (10 times his value) and accept a lack of interest. 89m + an important player is too much, no matter what, as that is more than Ronaldo was sold for.

And I don't have 10 million.. I have 8 :p

People used to complain when the AI said no, now they complain when they are quoted a price.

It all depends if it's a serious bid, or just an enquiry (imo).

If I submit a serious bid at double the value of a player, I'd expect a counter-bid. But if I just temptingly enquire about someone, I'd almost demand refusal..

it's ridiculous and clearly a bug imo. It doesn't make any sense that they ask more then they wanted for C ronaldo. Imo, if they're really interested in kallstrom, they should've asked for an exchange, which in itself is quite a good deal for man utd (rotation player in, back-up out). Maybe a couple of million more, but this is just insane, and clearly a bug. But I think it's clear that the entire transfer system is quite buggy in fm10. I mean, irl, during jan transfer window, about 10 players with value > 2m changed clubs, but in game all clubs seem to have plenty of money, and spend and receive ridiculous amounts for average players.

It's not a bug. It may be a rather inflated figure and evidently ill-explained in reasoning (to some), but it's by no means a bug.

I do think there needs to be more verbal communication in transfer negotiation, along the lines of the things I've been suggesting, but on the whole the transfer system itself is really rather great.

It's not a bug. It may be a rather inflated figure and evidently ill-explained in reasoning (to some), but it's by no means a bug.

I do think there needs to be more verbal communication in transfer negotiation, along the lines of the things I've been suggesting, but on the whole the transfer system itself is really rather great.

In my opinion it was great in 10.2, but sadly the transfers and bookings in friendlies (I got 3 yellow cards in an internal, pre-season match. Why?) have suffered greatly.

Problems I saw as solved in 10.2 have gotten worse than before in this version.. :(

Well Saviola was backup player and Benfica bought (if I'm not mistaken) about 12 million, but real madrid didn't ask for 89 million plus a player.

I had two complains of FM07 transfer is lower clubs feels that don't have enough to attract players that are free and at the end of their contract and being to hard to sell players that I don't want in my team. The rest was perfect.

A bug? No it is not bug, but basically a major flaw in the transfers that has been seriously overlooked for several FM games. To be honest FM07 Transfer Is light-years better then this new revamped transfer system.

In theory and principle what Man Utd are doing here is normal and standard, but still quoting £89 million is like they are literally on the other end of the phone taking the p*ss.

Basically you have to barter for players not on the transfer list, but getting the price down from £90m will take ALOT of time and patience, but there's little chance you could sign him for under£15-20m in my view.

I got Chiellini, after 1-2 months of bartering, for £30m, down from my original quotation which was £62million. £30m is a very reasonable price for a player like Chiellini, although i did tap him up before i put in an official bid :D

You gotta play the long game, despite it being totally outrageous/unreasonable/unrealistic aspect of the game

Well Saviola was backup player and Benfica bought (if I'm not mistaken) about 12 million, but real madrid didn't ask for 89 million plus a player.

No Real didn't want the player, they weren't even registering him for La Liga. They were just lucky they got a good price for him, due to his reputation.

How do you know what Real Madrid asked for initially? Maybe they had a different approach, and sat back and waited for bids. Saviola also was rather unhappy and never settled at Real, whereas the player in question here is a young player who is highly regarded and trying to break into the first team. Saviola was, by the end of his Real career, essentially free to go once a decent bid came in.

Why's it a flaw? As I've said, it's perhaps rather exaggerated, but what is maybe needed is greater negotiation and verbal exchanges explaining that they want to keep the player but will be willing to accept good offers. Just as the user would, the AI rightly tries to get an overly inflated figure when they think there's a possibility that the other team want the player hugely. Either way, some people are far too resistant to trying to haggle or negotiate, or simply accepting that they should look elsewhere - and instead naively assume it to be a bug or a serious issue with the game.

Look at how much they'll actually end up accepting, and then tell me that they're being ridiculous.

FM07 is stupidly easy and the transfer system alarmingly simple tbvh - and I loved the game at the time, maybe more than any prior to FM10.

A small update: I offered Tosic's original value (£3.5m) and they refused.

This brings me back to my original thought. If I got a bid for a player around his value, I would consider it (compared to the 30% offers I get) but when a team enquires about a player, you say no if you want to keep him or go a little bit over his value if you would sell him for a profit. To demand 2500% plus an important player is a bit over the top, in my opinion..

Archived