Being third in my CL group??

I do NOT understand this. I really thought there was no way I could be third after 5 matches but it seems I was wrong or there is a bug...

Can someone explain the rules because I clearly lack the understanding...

Ofcourse I send in my B team for the last match thinking I am going to be second anyway (better result between Fiorentina)...

I saved this game before I reloaded and played the match again with my best 11 (won 0-4 that time by the way).

If someone from SI needs my save game I am happy to upload it.

barca1.jpg

barca22.jpg

barca2b.jpg

I do NOT understand this. I really thought there was no way I could be third after 5 matches but it seems I was wrong or there is a bug...

Can someone explain the rules because I clearly lack the understanding...

Ofcourse I send in my B team for the last match thinking I am going to be second anyway (better result between Fiorentina)...

I saved this game before I reloaded and played the match again with my best 11 (won 0-4 that time by the way).

If someone from SI needs my save game I am happy to upload it.

When three teams are level you need to discard all the results against the other club - Lech.

Then do a new league table only including the matches between Barcelona, Fiorentina & PSG.

Matches

BAR 1-0 FIO

FIO 0-0 BAR

BAR 2-2 PSG

PSG 5-0 BAR

FIO 0-0 PSG

PSG 1-2 FIO

Team   Pts  GD
PSG     5   +4
FIO     5    0
--------------------
BAR     5   -4

It seems obvious to me, and it isn't a bug.

I looked at just the table first, to get a hypothesis, and then at the results to see if they confirmed it, which they did.

and the reason you went out is :

Because you all lost one against each other, the winner of the group is decided by goal difference, and PSG had the biggest GD.

2nd place goes to Fiorentina, because they had the better head to head record against PSG (the group winner) AND had a better GD in the group than you.

I think its because you, Fiorentina & PSG all finished on 11pts, therefore it takes into account your results against PSG & Fiorentina's results against PSG first? Where PSG picked up 4 points from you, and Fiorentina picked up 4 points from PSG? Probably not the best way to explain what I'm trying to say but can't think of how to explain it...lol

Not entirely sure though, but I will advise not taking for granted that you've qualified until you see that "Q" next to your name in future.

Edit: Never mind, it was explained perfectly above :thup:

Ow, damn, didnt know this rule when 3 clubs get the same points.

I just thought that PSG would be above me because they were better in our 2 matches but I would be above Fiorentina because I was better in the 2 results.

Seems we have to take into account all matches the 3 of us played against each other.

Makes indeed more sense now if I look at it but not knowing the rules made me put up my B team so thats why I reloaded :)

Thanks for the responses.

How did you exactly manage to lose 5-0 against PSG when they clearly hugely lack quality compared to your squad who have Messi etc in the first place?

Please read my post....

Why the hell would I play Messi when I thought I could not get out of the top 2 anyway?

Mistake though in the end but oh well :p

Please read my post....

Why the hell would I play Messi when I thought I could not get out of the top 2 anyway?

Mistake though in the end but oh well :p

because

1. the rules state you should

2. for the 700k

3. for the fans

4. for the first spot, to get a better draw

5. because you can

imo playing reserves was a mistake, regardless of the fact that you 'already' had 8 points. I play second team if Im top anyway, otherwise ill play some fresh players, but I wouldn't just let paris beat me 5-0.

I just thought that PSG would be above me because they were better in our 2 matches but I would be above Fiorentina because I was better in the 2 results.

Seems we have to take into account all matches the 3 of us played against each other.

Makes indeed more sense now if I look at it but not knowing the rules made me put up my B team so thats why I reloaded

If this was real life then would you file a complaint to UEFA asking for the match to be replayed because you didn't know the rules? ;)

because

1. the rules state you should

2. for the 700k

3. for the fans

4. for the first spot, to get a better draw

5. because you can

imo playing reserves was a mistake, regardless of the fact that you 'already' had 8 points. I play second team if Im top anyway, otherwise ill play some fresh players, but I wouldn't just let paris beat me 5-0.

For your info I "already" had 11 points.

For the money is ********, I got a balance of dunno how much. I only signed 2 players up till now. I like to play with own youth.

And for the first spot is ******** too, just depends on who is first in the other groups. I have seen it alot before that being first in the group turns out to be a disadvantage (= tougher draw)

And for the fans? It was an away game so it would be more for the PSG fans :p

And because I can? If prefer to have my first 11 in a better condition for the "more important" league game in the same week (notice that I put it in brackets to signal my mistake :p)

But I agree with ya on 1 point: it turned out to be a mistake :)

If this was real life then would you file a complaint to UEFA asking for the match to be replayed because you didn't know the rules? ;)

No, but if it was in real life 99% chance I would have known this. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway :p

Makes indeed more sense now if I look at it but not knowing the rules made me put up my B team so thats why I reloaded :)

Thanks for the responses.

There is a Rules screen that tells you these rules for all competitions, so it's pretty easy to check if there's a bug or if the format is one you are unfamiliar with. Always worth looking at when managing in different competitions.

There is a Rules screen that tells you these rules for all competitions, so it's pretty easy to check if there's a bug or if the format is one you are unfamiliar with. Always worth looking at when managing in different competitions.

Yes and he has posted it in post #1 Glenn.

The problem is the rules page doesn't always make it clear especially when more than two teams finish on the same points.

It just states "Results between Teams" which seems to confuse many users.

Archived