Money Speaks in the game...

So I started a save with West Ham and made a bid for Chertien...FB from a team in Ligue 1...made an offer for about 7.5 million...Inter comes in with a bid of 6.5 million and he joins inter...and then i try to see if i can loan him out....cause they already have like 3 full backs (maicon, santon, and zanetti) they want a 4.5 million loan fee and a 32.5 million future fee...I was like...he cant be more expensive than santon...and I cant even get rid of davenport or wateva his name is ....its sooo annoying:mad:

I would usually have at least 4 full backs in my team, two for each side. its not uncommon in real life either e.g

Man U: Evra, Fabio, Rafael, G Neville (and probably O'Shea as well)

Arsenal: Sagna, Eboue, Clichy, Gibbs, A Traore

And who would you prefer to sign for, Inter or West Ham?

Good story :thup:

Inter or West Ham, you decide? I can understand why the player chose Milan over the east end of London.

Interesttingly, did you tey to negotiate any fees? Or did you not bother?

I choose london. The chance of succes @ inter is incredibly low. If you want to actually play, you shouldn't join inter, unless if you're already a superstar.

I choose london. The chance of succes @ inter is incredibly low. If you want to actually play, you shouldn't join inter, unless if you're already a superstar.

Really? so Chretien, who is actually a very good full back, if not quite in the class of Maicon, is expected to go to West Ham, a team struggling to stay in the Premiership, where he'll be paid much less, instead of Internazionale, who are realistic Champion's League contenders, he'll be paid a king's ransom and he'll probably only have to wait a year before Zanetti retires and he gets a lot more playing time.

The game is meant to be realistic....

dude inter already have 3 right full backs....and chretein will be the fourth just for the right side only...i dont think u understood me...man u and arsenal have 2 and maybe a youngster for each side...

I would usually have at least 4 full backs in my team, two for each side. its not uncommon in real life either e.g

Man U: Evra, Fabio, Rafael, G Neville (and probably O'Shea as well)

Arsenal: Sagna, Eboue, Clichy, Gibbs, A Traore

And who would you prefer to sign for, Inter or West Ham?

dude inter already have 3 right full backs....and chretein will be the fourth just for the right side only...i dont think u understood me...man u and arsenal have 2 and maybe a youngster for each side...

Er.... pretty sure my list above showed that both Arsenal and Man U have 5 full backs each.

Santon is 19 and is equally a Left Back, Zanetti is 36 and on the verge of retiring. Maicon is also getting on a bit. Chivu is their only recognised Left Back, so signing Chretien would give the same number of full backs (5) as Man U and Arsenal. Seeing has how he (Chretien) can play at centre back and also do a job at DM, I'd say that even if he's not going to be starting at Right Back all the time, he'll get a fair few games at Inter. And he'll win something, which is probably more than can be said if he moves to West Ham. The move is realistic, which I guess is the most important thing

Of course money talks in the game, it talks in real life. For example if Man Utd and Chelsea were both in talks with the same player, Man Utd off £75,000 a week, and then Chelsea of £100,000 a week. Who would the player choose? Chelsea of course.

Also, you have to consider that not only money talks. If you used FMRTE just to mess around with finances and see what you can do which is what I've done in the past you'll find this. I made Swindon the richest club in the world and could off just under £5,000,000 a week in wages. I was attempting to sign the same player as Fulham, just to see if it would work. I offered him £5,000,000 a week and I'd imagine Fulham would have done no more than £15,000 a week. He went to Fulham, just because its a prospect of higher league football and in the first season obviously with Fulham, Europa league.

Of course money talks in the game, it talks in real life. For example if Man Utd and Chelsea were both in talks with the same player, Man Utd off £75,000 a week, and then Chelsea of £100,000 a week. Who would the player choose? Chelsea of course.

Also, you have to consider that not only money talks. If you used FMRTE just to mess around with finances and see what you can do which is what I've done in the past you'll find this. I made Swindon the richest club in the world and could off just under £5,000,000 a week in wages. I was attempting to sign the same player as Fulham, just to see if it would work. I offered him £5,000,000 a week and I'd imagine Fulham would have done no more than £15,000 a week. He went to Fulham, just because its a prospect of higher league football and in the first season obviously with Fulham, Europa league.

I'll join for 5 million a week!! Where do I sign!?!

:D

..erm Swin-who?

Er.... pretty sure my list above showed that both Arsenal and Man U have 5 full backs each.

Santon is 19 and is equally a Left Back, Zanetti is 36 and on the verge of retiring. Maicon is also getting on a bit. Chivu is their only recognised Left Back, so signing Chretien would give the same number of full backs (5) as Man U and Arsenal. Seeing has how he (Chretien) can play at centre back and also do a job at DM, I'd say that even if he's not going to be starting at Right Back all the time, he'll get a fair few games at Inter. And he'll win something, which is probably more than can be said if he moves to West Ham. The move is realistic, which I guess is the most important thing

And note also that in real life Chivu is now as likely to play at CB as LB, so that can carry over in the game too.

And note also that in real life Chivu is now as likely to play at CB as LB, so that can carry over in the game too.

Yip. In the last 2 or 3 weeks alone Santon and Zanetti have been at LEFTback, and if Chivu was fit he would've been playing centreback a couple of times.

Nothing wrong with a team adding depth to a flexible back four.

Actually I think this highlights a common problem in the game. I dont think there is a player in the world who would pass up 5 million a week and take 15k to play at fulham. Actually, I dont think any player would even take 100k and play anywhere else. Money should actually be the biggest factor, not just one of them.

Archived