Players don't leave teams that don't make the CL?

After seeing a couple of big clubs not making it to the CL, I target some of their players feeling that they wouldn't want to be stuck in the Europa League, but the game doesn't seem to incorporate a willingness to leave. Has anyone else had luck in such a situation? Thanks.

• SI Staff
Give me an example from real life where a player has left a big team after they failed to get CL football for one season....

Carlos Cuellar left Rangers when we got papped out of Europe in the qualifying round a couple of seasons ago.

There are probably loads of examples outside of England where money talks.

I've found this it seems that Torres and Gerrard never want to leave Liverpool even if they are hovering in mid-table.

As soon as you start a game as Spurs Luka Modric wants to move to a bigger club, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

I also signed Fabregas for Man City and he wanted to leave after one season to move to a bigger club. Even though I had just finished 2nd in the league and won the fa cup. All seems a bit weird

As soon as you start a game as Spurs Luka Modric wants to move to a bigger club, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

yet they still want an astronomic amount of money for him.

I've found this it seems that Torres and Gerrard never want to leave Liverpool even if they are hovering in mid-table.

true, while it's probably best for gerrard if he leaves next season.

Archived