Italian reserves: question and suggestion

When you played the Italian leagues where there seems to be no reserves competition. You used to be able to go to reserves fixture lists and easily set up games from a drop down list of other Italian reserves. This is no longer possible and setting up games for my res team is now an extremely long and painful process. Why has it changed?

Anyone got any tips on quick ways to set up reserve games?

Also, in future releases can there be an option for the ass man to do this for you?

Don't have a reserve team, simple.

It's always been that way. And if you need to get 1st team players fit, put them in the Primavera. You can have like 2 or 3 over age players in a match squad.

It's not like you really need one anyway, unless you're someone who has to have 101 players in a squad.

i usually get rid of my reserve team when i play in Italy, of course you can't do it in the first year but you can not resign reserve players, sell some and loan the rest out. 2-3 years down the line you won't have a reserve team left

Just loan out all your reserves to a affiliate. That way they will get some match practice.

Get at least 2 national and 1 international feeder teams. National tier 2 and tier 3, and international tier 2 of similar football style nation (like Spain-Italy-Portugal, Holland-Belgium, Germany-England, Serbia-Bulgaria...).

This all ofcourse for a club with solid reputation (top 100 Euro teams).

Alternativily just set up regular friendlies througout the season and play the reserves in these

I think the point the OP made was that this takes ages to do, and would like an easier way to set them up.

The reserves issue is one of the main reasons I don't like managing in Italy any more, the other being co-ownerships.

I think the point the OP made was that this takes ages to do, and would like an easier way to set them up.

The reserves issue is one of the main reasons I don't like managing in Italy any more, the other being co-ownerships.

Setting up reserve leagues, as available in England for example, in the game, in other countries might be a useful addition to future releases.

Not a lot can be done about co-ownerships, frustrating as they can be, as they're part of the real Italian game.

As for arranging friendlies, which I've done when I've managed in leagues around the world when I can actually control the reserves, to avoid the lengthy process, I've usually arranged tours. Doing this you can arrange up to four friendlies at once. I often do the same thing with my youth team if they have no fixture list.

Setting up reserve leagues, as available in England for example, in the game, in other countries might be a useful addition to future releases.

Not a lot can be done about co-ownerships, frustrating as they can be, as they're part of the real Italian game.

As for arranging friendlies, which I've done when I've managed in leagues around the world when I can actually control the reserves, to avoid the lengthy process, I've usually arranged tours. Doing this you can arrange up to four friendlies at once. I often do the same thing with my youth team if they have no fixture list.

Yes tours are a good idea, or just playing your reserves against under 18s, it's much quicker to select them than to search for other teams.

I actually am playing a game on my custom database with a World League, and have included my reserves in the bottom tier of the league structure to ensure they get plenty of games.

Another idea is a "fixtures calendar" where you have a calendar and on each day you have a list of teams interested in friendlies - you can then click them and it will arrange a friendly. Conversely you can put out an "interested in friendly" marker of your own on the calendar date and someone will hopefully respond, if you don't like any of the teams/are not interested in any of them. Then it's down to things like how much you want to pay for the friendly and what terms (i.e. proper reserves teams in a league will be less interested in a full 90 minutes + extra time + penalties as it tires the players out).

At the moment it takes 10 keystrokes to set up a friendly:

- Fixtures

- Arrange Friendly

- Select date

- Select team dropdown

- Select "Other"

- Select all teams

- Select country (may take more than one keystroke, but we'll leave it for now)

- Select team

- Select "Arrange friendly"

- Confirm (and they may not even accept!)

Far too many!

Another idea is a "fixtures calendar" where you have a calendar and on each day you have a list of teams interested in friendlies - you can then click them and it will arrange a friendly. Conversely you can put out an "interested in friendly" marker of your own on the calendar date and someone will hopefully respond, if you don't like any of the teams/are not interested in any of them. Then it's down to things like how much you want to pay for the friendly and what terms (i.e. proper reserves teams in a league will be less interested in a full 90 minutes + extra time + penalties as it tires the players out).

- Fixtures

- Arrange Friendly

- Select date

- Select team dropdown

- Select "Other"

- Select all teams

- Select team

Far too many!

In between 'select team' and 'select arrange friendly' you will also have to click on said team's reserve team if you wish to play against reserves.

Yes, but by "just" doing that, you're spending time and clicks on a boring, repetitive task that the computer could easily do for you. Hey, that's what computers were made for!

Personally, I don't bother any more when playing in Italy (where I prefer to play). I just let my reserves sit there and rot, and after a few seasons there's no reserve team any more. I understand that IRL, most of them are loaned out, but... I'm not going to bother setting up individual deals for every single one of them every season.

Oh, and a "Reject all Co-ownership offers automatically FOREVER AND EVER" option would be really handy.

- Fixtures

- Arrange Friendly

- Select date

- Select team dropdown

- Select "Other"

- Select all teams

- Select team

Far too many!

This :thup: Would love a fixtures calendar!

I just don't understand why they didn't get rid of the Reserve Team in Italy to begin with...

There is NO reserve team in Italy. Not even some sort of "unrecognized" reserve team...

Either you're a member of the First Team or you're a Primavera. Those regarded as surplus or as perennial backups will just train with the first team and then watch the matches from the stands. As easy as that.

Not-needed players usually get loaned out every year until they got sold or given away for free to any club who's willing to have them.

The idea of creating reserve fixture, or even a fictional reserve league, is just a convoluted solution to a non-existing problem which could and should have been fixed already.

I just don't understand why they didn't get rid of the Reserve Team in Italy to begin with...

There is NO reserve team in Italy. Not even some sort of "unrecognized" reserve team...

Either you're a member of the First Team or you're a Primavera. Those regarded as surplus or as perennial backups will just train with the first team and then watch the matches from the stands. As easy as that.

Not-needed players usually get loaned out every year until they got sold or given away for free to any club who's willing to have them.

The idea of creating reserve fixture, or even a fictional reserve league, is just a convoluted solution to a non-existing problem which could and should have been fixed already.

To be honest, even if there is no Reserves league in Italy, I still prefer the concept of a "B" team which you can simply use to store your unavailable players (on loan/co-owned but you don't have the player).

In real life maybe, but in the game I have players who aren't in the first team but may need to be called upon if I get an injury/suspension, and in which case I like these players to be match fit.

Archived