This game is very bizarre at times!!

Played as West Ham for 5 seasons and was getting bored as had won everything and players were retiring etc so the realism had gone out of it a bit.

Had used my V Formation for about 2 of those seasons but despite winning everything one thing I couldn't seem to do was beat Chelsea away.

Even with players like Fernandez, Veloso, Rafinha, Briand, Zapata, Gerrard, Van Der Vaart it would never happen.....

Just started a new game to see how my formation will do with the West Ham players of old and just beat Chelsea 1-0 away with a team of :

Green

Neill

McCartney

Ferdinand

Upson

Mullins

Noble

Dyer

Ljungberg

Pantsil

Ashton

Now I could never do it with the "great" players with the same formation, but with a fairly pants squad I do???

Can someone explain that to me? Fluke result??

Well, think of your West Ham team before, they was amazing and had the best players, which would of meant Chelsea would play there utmost best.

Then you restarted and you had basic players, this would mean Chelsea could of taken you much lighter and dossed around on the pitch, it could of been a shock result or just a fluke for you to score. Hope this helps. icon14.gif

probably the same reason that southampton could beat man utd before but probably never could again. fuke.

stamina,morale,motivation,workrate, how well the team play together,oppos players,formations,morale,motivation,workrate,stamina,how well the team play together could also have an effect.

I read somewhere on here that it's easy to beat Chelsea if you play one up front as you look to have done. I don't know if that was just with Avram in charge though. Was he sacked early in your older game? That would explain why you struggled against him before but beat him this time

Originally posted by bigwills88:

I read somewhere on here that it's easy to beat Chelsea if you play one up front as you look to have done. I don't know if that was just with Avram in charge though. Was he sacked early in your older game? That would explain why you struggled against him before but beat him this time

Sorry replace him in the last sentence with them.

Chelsea were the one team I had no trouble beating in the Premier league. Due to playing a very fast striker upfront and Chelsea's defence pushing very very high up the pitch, a simple lob over the defence and my striker was through and I would win about 6-0. Anyway its not that realistic to beat Chelsea, even with star players. I mean In real life this season Manure only beat Chelsea through penalties in the season.

Archived