Under wage budget but can't offer reasonable wage to new player

Hi all,

I've been wondering whether this is a bug in the transfer system or its just a calculation I don't understand.

I'm having quite a healthy finance and some budget as you can see in the screenshot.

finance.png

board.png

Then I tried to sign Diarra from Madrid, but then the board only allows € 22k/week me for KeyPlayer.

diarra.png

Can someone please explain me this?

Thanks in advance

The way I read it, this has nothing to do with your club, but with the players agent. He's obviously looking for a massive deal and doesn't think you can match that.

previously the agent statement was not there, but because I could only offer 22k he rejected it. This is my second try

Have you got a lot of players joining you in the next transfer window?

I don't have any

You aren't actually that far under your overall wage budget, you only have 11% of your total budget left over. One Key Player would take you to 773k a week, so you would be using 96% of your wage budget. The board nearly always cuts down the amount of money you can offer when you get close to your budget. Either sell some players you don't need or increase your wage budget.

You aren't actually that far under your overall wage budget, you only have 11% of your total budget left over. One Key Player would take you to 773k a week, so you would be using 96% of your wage budget. The board nearly always cuts down the amount of money you can offer when you get close to your budget. Either sell some players you don't need or increase your wage budget.

Diarra was asking 44k, so it would take me to 750. I remember in FM08, I could use my wage budget until it was nearly 0.

And when the board say they give you so much budget, shouldn't we be able to use it all?

Can someone from SI confirm about the board cutting the provided budgets? why don't they just provide less budget then? :)

I remember in 10.2, where Madird was also offering Van der Vaart. Using the editor I put some amount of extra money to the wage budget, so that I was more than 100k under my wage budget. But still I couldn't give him 60k , because the board only allows me 45k for Key Player.

Edit The Budget So U Have No Transfer Funds And Offer More Money Then Afterwards Put It Back To How It Was

I've tried this trick before; by setting the transfer funds to minimum, I'd be 165k(!!!) under the budget, but the board gives me just 5k additional --> 27k

really sad I couldn't get the required player :(

• 5 weeks later...

Seems to be mainly due to the chairman being real cheap. He has ambition of 2, resources of 1 and business sense of 18, which means he is very careful with the money available. This has been adjusted this a bit for FM2011 to give a bit more leeway with the excess wage budget that has already been given.

Seems to be mainly due to the chairman being real cheap. He has ambition of 2, resources of 1 and business sense of 18, which means he is very careful with the money available. This has been adjusted this a bit for FM2011 to give a bit more leeway with the excess wage budget that has already been given.

That would however be a data issue then. Ambition 2 for Bernd Hoffmann is a joke :(

Archived