Sunderland 2nd season (Tactical Fiddling)

Hi All,

So after finishing 8th in my first season I have now taken a look at my current squad and am wondering if I should change things around.

Having lost Hutton, Mensah and Benjani (as they were loaned to me) I now find myself with three strikers, a whole load of AMC, L, R and a couple of DM.

I was previously playing a 4-4-2 then a 4-1-2-1-2 and I am thinking (to keep the AI on it's toes) of changing to a 4-2-3-1 (due to my current squad). Does this sound like a plausible idea and will it benefit me?

Previously when going into the 2nd /3rd season I have found it a struggle if I carry on using the same tactics as the last season. I need to play tactics that transition the gap from relegation battler to mid table / top half performer but should I just tweak my 4-1-2-1-2 formation or start over with a whole new outlook?

If 4-2-3-1 does sounds a plan can you play with the two CMs deep enough (I am using classic tactics) to combat the top teams as I don't have the cash to invest in another decent DM.

A lot to answer but any opinions would be greatly valued.

Cheers all

being a mackem i read any thread with sunderland in the title :D

but you will more than likely get a better response posting in the sunderland thread in the good player forum.

personally id use 2 x DM it does work if the rest of the team is set up right, personally id flog some of the deadwood from midfield and at worst try and sign hutton and mensah back :)

Cheers acidmonkey (or am, acid or monkey whichever you prefer :)). I will 'jog' on over to the suggested forum.

If I do use two DM I would use my Middle CAM (as I play narrow-ish) set slightly Def to cover the 'hole' and the other two 'wider' CAM as inside forwards (but set up on classic tacs).

Does that make sense? And i'm assuming that you think 4-2-3-1 is the best way to go in this instance?

Ta

Archived