How to use new kits

I've downloaded a new kit for the team I'm managing.

The away strip I downloaded was a different colour scheme from the away strip pre-loaded with the game (white instead of blue).

I've saved the image of the strip in the correct folder, and refreshed the display settings so that when I look at my team information, the new strip is shown.

However, when I play a game in the 3D engine that requires the away strip, it still uses the old blue colour strip.

(I'm guessing it's the same for the home strip as well)

How can I get the engine to use the design of the strip I downloaded?

Thanks.

3d strips aren't changed by downloading a new kit. It just changes the kit on your information page. However I changed my kit using FMRTE and some matches my team use my new kit and some matches they use the old one. So if you want your team to play in your new kit (sometimes!) use FMRTE to edit the colours.

There's an alternative to using FMRTE in this case, and that's to create a 3D kit in addition to the 2D kit you've already downloaded. It's not that difficult to create them if you get a template to use as a base (look for kits for FM09, since they were all 3D; with FM10 using 3D kits during the match and 2D kits everywhere else, it seems that people can't be bothered making 3D kits this time around). The good thing with doing this is that not only are you changing the kit's colours, but you can change the details of your kit...tired of Liverpool having that plain red shirt? With a little bit of work you can have them on the field in pink camo a la Partick Thistle's away kit for this year :p

There's an alternative to using FMRTE in this case, and that's to create a 3D kit in addition to the 2D kit you've already downloaded. It's not that difficult to create them if you get a template to use as a base (look for kits for FM09, since they were all 3D; with FM10 using 3D kits during the match and 2D kits everywhere else, it seems that people can't be bothered making 3D kits this time around). The good thing with doing this is that not only are you changing the kit's colours, but you can change the details of your kit...tired of Liverpool having that plain red shirt? With a little bit of work you can have them on the field in pink camo a la Partick Thistle's away kit for this year :p

Oooh, thanks - I might try that out. I'm always up for a wee bit tinkering!!

Any ideas where to start for a template?

Also, would I have to design the kit from scratch, or can I "map" an existing 2D png to a 3D kit (the kit designs I downloaded)?

Sorry for bugging you guys. I've played FM for a couple of years now, but never really done any of the graphics tinkering (aside from downloading someone else kits etc)

• 5 months later...
Guest hatterzrup

Did it work? I'm having same problem, Newcastle are playing in yellow kit in 3D match engine despite me having their 2010-11 blue away kit in every other section [Graphic, text, 2D player, etc]

Archived