Another bug courtesey of SI

This is a bug that has happened on previous versions and quite honestly is ridiculous it is still happening. This bug im talking about is where international teams that are user controlled have no goalkeeper.

I play as Ghana who have a fantastic team and i believe i can do very well with them, however they have no goalkeeper in the whole database, thats ok because usually a greyed out player will pop up on match day when i leave the room for them and they are of decent quality.

But then African Nations comes around and i have to choose 23 players which means i can no longer leave room for a keeper and therefore i have no keeper and no chance, every shot on target is basically a goal. I was looking forward to this African Nations as i thought i could win it and looking forward to a world cup i could do well in with a group of Denmark Iran and Ecquador but now i have no chance and its going to ruin my game.

Does anybody know a way around this problem or if there is an in game editor i can download to make someone a keeper?

This is a bug that has happened on previous versions and quite honestly is ridiculous it is still happening. This bug im talking about is where international teams that are user controlled have no goalkeeper.

I play as Ghana who have a fantastic team and i believe i can do very well with them, however they have no goalkeeper in the whole database, thats ok because usually a greyed out player will pop up on match day when i leave the room for them and they are of decent quality.

But then African Nations comes around and i have to choose 23 players which means i can no longer leave room for a keeper and therefore i have no keeper and no chance, every shot on target is basically a goal. I was looking forward to this African Nations as i thought i could win it and looking forward to a world cup i could do well in with a group of Denmark Iran and Ecquador but now i have no chance and its going to ruin my game.

Does anybody know a way around this problem or if there is an in game editor i can download to make someone a keeper?

FMM will do the job - I don't know much about it myself, so check the editors hideout or search on google. I have heard that you can edit most of the in-game stats. A lot of people use it for little problems such as this one, where there seems to be an unavoidable error in the game.

Hope that helps.

C.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why don't you just load all players from the nations you might manage when you start? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Scrap this as it seems you didn't set out to manage Ghana you just ended up there.

It is sort of a bug but i don't believe there is a way round it as when i nation gets to a certain amount of players(40 iirc) they automatically become active and i don't know if it is possible for SI to put in something which means there needs to be a keeper.

Thanks for the help i will look for the FMM. I could not load all players from the start as i didnt really think i would end up managing Ghana, if you did that you would have to end up loading everyone as you never know where you could end up.

Needs to be fixed though, even if it was a random generation of a keeper when you take the job.

Hmmm

I downloaded FMM to play a game a while back. I wanted Vauxhall to have infinite money. It worked well for that purpose.

For your game - you need to post in the bugs forum - it is an amazing oversight by SI - this is a major fault for anyone playing international management.

Please post your fault there so we all benefit

I load every nation. icon_wink.gif

After owning the game for 5 months now, I'm just about completing my pre-season schedule. icon_razz.gif

Is that quite fast or do you think starting a new save with a couple of less teams would speed things up?

This isn't exactly a bug, and I'm curious what people think the solution is.

Should SI make sure the database always loads up at least 3 keepers for every single nation in the game?

Create some special piece of code that generates a keeper if you take over a nation?

What's the solution?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Should SI make sure the database always loads up at least 3 keepers for every single nation in the game?

Create some special piece of code that generates a keeper if you take over a nation?

What's the solution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely it would be easiest to just load say 2/3 players in each position for each country you are able to take charge of, depending on the number of leagues you are running.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Surely it would be easiest to just load say 2/3 players in each position for each country you are able to take charge of, depending on the number of leagues you are running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this too, each nation should have loaded:

2GK

4CB

1RB

1LB

1LW

1RW

2CM

2ST

Then we would not only have more realistic international games, but also more scope for jobs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Surely it would be easiest to just load say 2/3 players in each position for each country you are able to take charge of, depending on the number of leagues you are running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this too, each nation should have loaded:

2GK

4CB

1RB

1LB

1LW

1RW

2CM

2ST

Then we would not only have more realistic international games, but also more scope for jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with this. Outfield players can, to a certain extent, play out of position. Moreover, IRL, if you didin't have enough backs to play a 4-4-2, you'd play something else.

The problem, if I read the OP cirrectly, is what to do with the Cup Of Nations, because players have to be registered in advance, and you can't register greyed out players. The answer is to allow the registration of greyed out players for international competitions, because that's what you'd do IRL. And I wouldn't limit it to goalkeepers, either.

Gunnerfan,

I agree to an extent re: changing a formation because of availability but surely that is more relevant to club management as you are limited to your squad. Whilst a club manager would need to change his formation due to injuries, an international manager wouldn't unless they ocurred after announcing his squad.

Registration of greyed out players would irritate a number of people who enjoy International management and enjoy watching players caps increase etc, whilst a greyed player may disappear by the next tournament. If there were a squad worth of players for each nation then this wouldn't be as big a problem as each player would eventually be available again and the greyed out player can disappear without any worries. It would also be highyl frustrating if you got one greyed out player one tournament who is 25 and pretty good and at your next competition he isn't available and his replacement grey is sub-standard.

Perhaps a compromise would be to give the manager the option to sign/confirm the player much like lower league teams can do in game. This way the players would only be active in game if someone takes over that nation and confirms them, otherwise they remain greyed out.

This definitely isn't a bug - it's just an unfortunate consequence of you being able to manage a nation for which you didn't previously select to load all players.

I agree it could do with having a fix though. Shouldn't be too difficult to have a piece of code which loops through the playable nations and makes sure they each have a goalkeeper (or 2). Mind you, I don't know if other nations can become playable during the game if they get enough regens appearing. I don't know what the minimum number of players is to enable a nation to be manageable.

Alternative is just for the game to see that there are no recognised goalkeepers for a playable international team and automatically insert two greys and allow you to only pick 21 players from the African Nations cup or whatever other tournament.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">agree to an extent re: changing a formation because of availability but surely that is more relevant to club management as you are limited to your squad. Whilst a club manager would need to change his formation due to injuries, an international manager wouldn't unless they ocurred after announcing his squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I think that a national team, particularly one of the lesser-reputation countries, might very well have to juggle lineups based on player availability. I can recall when Bruce Arena was coaching the US national team, it was rare to see them line up in the same formation 2 games in a row. At all levels of management, you do what you have to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Registration of greyed out players would irritate a number of people who enjoy International management and enjoy watching players caps increase etc, whilst a greyed player may disappear by the next tournament. If there were a squad worth of players for each nation then this wouldn't be as big a problem as each player would eventually be available again and the greyed out player can disappear without any worries. It would also be highyl frustrating if you got one greyed out player one tournament who is 25 and pretty good and at your next competition he isn't available and his replacement grey is sub-standard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the OP was complaining about the lack of availability of greyed out players, knowing that they are a temporary solution. I also suspect that the solution you propose would be very difficult to code into the game.

I think a keeper should be generated when the manager takes over the job, doesnt have to be a brilliant keeper just someone to make it realistic because its impossible to play with no keeper as every shot is basically a goal.

I have been Ghana manager for a number of seasons now and my first african nations i was lucky enough to get an injury which meant it left me one space which a grey keeper came in, he wasnt brilliant but was solid enough to give me a fighting chance.

As i have been the manager for a number of years it should have a bias of a young Ghana goalkeeper generating, that would be one solution. Although this is more of a long term solution, thats if you make it past your first competition without a keeper without being sacked.

i think the code should be generated that creates a keeper.

but then what team would this suddenly generated keeper play for? what would his playing stats be etc.

I would say the player should just start either on free transfer or in a team from that nation, in my case he would be from a Ghana team.

And i would say dont make there ability anything special just an average keeper, or maybe link it to that nations reputation.

what about creating a DDT file which includes all players from all african nations. I did this and ive got an unbeleiveable amount of players, its better to do this rather than load all nations and loads of playable leagues. Just create the DDT files for the most popular nations....

Personally I think it'd be easier/better if a nation simply wasn't playable without a goalkeeper. I'd rather not have to have a game that loads up enough players for every nation to become manageable without me specifying it, which is what, I think, the suggestion of generating a keeper would mean. Not only that, but being able to manage a country that has grey players would be deeply irritating, imo, I do everything I can to avoid having to use them at club level.

Ideally, I'd say the game should be able to see if a nation has enough outfield players to be manageable, and if so, a few goalkeepers should be created when the next batch of regens for that country comes in, but I'd imagine that'd be a lot more complicated to implement.

Archived