A Question about playing in Turkey

I'm Denizilispor in the Turkish league. You need to have at least 1 player trained at your club that is under-23 in every game, this has been fine but going into my 4th season the original group of 3 I've been playing have now reached 23. However when I look at my u-18 team all of those players are not classed as HG, so I now only have 1 player that fits into that category. Any ideas how they become HG, how long do you have to wait?

Dunno if it is different for Turkey specifically, but its usually playing at the club or in that nation for 3 years between 18 and 21. The club/nation depends on the type of HG player you need, if its a club HG or a nation HG.

I'm Denizilispor in the Turkish league. You need to have at least 1 player trained at your club that is under-23 in every game, this has been fine but going into my 4th season the original group of 3 I've been playing have now reached 23. However when I look at my u-18 team all of those players are not classed as HG, so I now only have 1 player that fits into that category. Any ideas how they become HG, how long do you have to wait?

The player needs to be a Turkish Citizen and he needs to spend at least 2 years playing football. Also he needs to be under 22 at 1st of January that the season starts.

BTW why you play with Denizli? I suppose you are looking for a challenge, since Denizli is a team which has a target to avoid relegation.

The player needs to be a Turkish Citizen and he needs to spend at least 2 years playing football. Also he needs to be under 22 at 1st of January that the season starts.

BTW why you play with Denizli? I suppose you are looking for a challenge, since Denizli is a team which has a target to avoid relegation.

Yeah started on random selection. Avoid relegation was 1st season finished 10th, 6th last and have just finished 2nd in season 3.

A bit of a surprise, was expecting top 10.

Thanks for your advice.

he must be under 23 and must bein your team for 3 years. i recommend to you do not fire every yung player although they are useless. try to keep a few players. also the player does not have to be trained in your club. just he needs to stay in your team for 3 years.

It's not just Turkey. It seems the 'few years at club/in nation' requirement has to be earned even by young players who used to automatically get it for their club/nation. annoying given we can't use young players at will to make up registration/squad requirements, but it does make things interesting if you arrive at a club badly in need of fresh blood but also of homegrown players and you have to try and plan transfer policy with reasonable but not extensive resources very carefully. I've just found myself in such a situation in Belgium and depending on my mood its either annoying or interesting having so many things to work through.

i see u delrablue but he is talking about another topic. in turkish premire division you have to pick 1 home grown player in your match squad in every game. he must be in first 18 squad. he is not talking about registering european leagues.

i see u delrablue but he is talking about another topic. in turkish premire division you have to pick 1 home grown player in your match squad in every game. he must be in first 18 squad. he is not talking about registering european leagues.

I did say 'registration/squad requirements' which covers both (sorry I meant matchday squad, I assumed the '/' implied the difference well enough), and I consider them to be a very similar thing, the only difference being what you need the certain number of players for.

Archived