Ok, first off, this may or may not come over as a bit of a rant but it's not, I'm a massive fan of FM and want the best game possible, so this is why I'm bringing this up.

My first question is; do you play in 3D? If so, do you enjoy it more than 2D/commentary? And how does your computer cope with it?

I ask this as my computer isn't great, and therefore it can't run the game great (I've got 3D disabled), so it can take up to 2 hours just to process a week, including loading up the game and exiting it. This is obviously quite frustrating and it annoys me even more because I've never been a fan of 3D, and despite disabling it, the 3D stays in the game and takes up so much space. Although, I do run quite a few leagues (England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, sometimes Holland).

So, is there anyway to completley remove 3D from the game and therefore let the game run a lot quicker, or would anyone support the idea of selling the game in both 2D/commentary only and 2D, commentary & 3D versions. Or even the idea of the game coming with just 2D/commentary and then anyone who wants the 3D option can download it via steam/sigames community or wherever.

I'm not necessarily having a dig at the 3D, as I know quite a few people like it, but FM'08 and '07 ran great with just 2D. Since the introduction of 3D in '09, however, it's been quite slow, makes the game longer and therefore makes it harder to get in to. I don't know if I've made my point clearly, but, basically what I'm trying to say is would you like the idea of the game being sold with just 2D and for anyone who wants the added option of a 3D download?

Oh... and if there's a way to just get rid of 3D via the editor, please just tell me :p.

I'm not sure that the 3D has any effect on processing speed. If you have 3D cameras disabled, it shouldn't have any effect even on match day. That is however, an assumption :p

If your PC is taking 2 hours to process a week, I would suggest you need a computer upgrade.

you can untick 3d in preferences

I did. The game just runs at about the same speed.

I'm not sure that the 3D has any effect on processing speed. If you have 3D cameras disabled, it shouldn't have any effect even on match day. That is however, an assumption :p

If your PC is taking 2 hours to process a week, I would suggest you need a computer upgrade.

I know the computer isn't great, but I had a save for 7 or so years on '08, but on '09 almost every game was slow, so I thought it was mainly the game and not so much the computer.

Archived