Laptop capability

Two things

(1) When I first installed FM10 I had 3.5 stars computer performance, then downloaded 10.3 and it is now down to 2.5! Anyone else had this?

(2) What is the minimum amount of stars for game speed that you guys find acceptable when the game progresses a few seasons? Looking to start a career game with 28 leagues from 13 nations (52000 players) - thats half a star. What do you think about speed later in the game?

Thanks for the input guys (and girls?)

I am playing with half of a star. The progress is not like a rocket, but it is acceptable. I play with 30 nations and huge database. I like to have long careers, so instead of not having option to change different countries in my long career game; I can compromise the speed of the game a little bit.

Hey guys, just a simple question.

I was thinking of getting a laptop. Will this laptop (Acer Aspire 5536G) be sufficient to run FM 2010 smoothly at about 8 leagues or so (with around 30,000) players loaded. Summary of the laptop specs.

AMD Turion X2 RM-74 (2.20GHz)

AMD M780G Chipset

4GB DDR2 RAM

500GB HDD

8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive

15.6" WXGA (HD), Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT LCD (1366 x 768)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM)

The review is at the link provided. The specs of the review slightly differs from the one which I intend on getting.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-5536G-Notebook.17192.0.html

Thanks.

Archived