Little addition for FM11 - Dugout view

We've seen the match engine progress throughout the years and the 3d engine from the last two games is a really great addition. We've got quite a few nice camera viewpoints to choose from but there's one I would love to see in the next FM, a view from the Dugout. It might not be the most useful camera angle but it would add more fun and realism for those real fm fanatics like me. It would feel like you are watching the match through the managers eyes. Opinions?

Yeah the Match engine is way to pixelated for a view that close to players. Rooney would look like the old NES Mario.

I wouldn't complain too much about it because I think it's an interesting view, but to get it to work well, SI would have to put in considerable amount of time and work for something that doesn't add anything to the game.

Maybe in a few years...

I don't think it would be possible.

I don't see why not. All cameraviews follow the ball already, it's just a matter of placing the camera in the dugout area and let it follow the ball just like all other views do. The only thing SI will have to add is a skybox because at the moment i don't think there is one. I don't mind that it doesn't look perfect graphics wise, it just seems fun and that's what this game is all about. :)

I don't see why not. All cameraviews follow the ball already, it's just a matter of placing the camera in the dugout area and let it follow the ball just like all other views do. The only thing SI will have to add is a skybox because at the moment i don't think there is one. I don't mind that it doesn't look perfect graphics wise, it just seems fun and that's what this game is all about. :)

But then you can't see anything from the game and certainly can't make any tactical decisions.

Part of the problem with an actual dugout view would be that SI can't get too close to the players, for licensing reasons. Let alone graphic ones. But a camera rooted just a bit over the dugout/centerline and panning might be do-able...

A lot of people wouldn't like the view because of tactical reasons, but others would appreciate the reality of it. I mean, honestly...a r/l manager doesn't have a Scrolling Vertical view so as to properly judge how his tactics are working or not. He has to do it from ground level. It would be nice if we could come as close to that as legally, financially, and technically possible.

perhaps a better camera angle for penalties would be useful? I tend to switch to zoomed vertical scrolling, but it's a bit too vertical for my liking, would be better if it angled down a bit so I could see more of the goal.

I think it would be a good idea to have a dugout camera.

As far as the potential licensing issue, SI dont have to make top quality virtual versions of the players in the game. The can just make generic models like they do now but bigger and besides the graphics are not the reason that we play FM so if it was added Im sure most people would not complain.

I think it would be a good idea to have a dugout camera.

As far as the potential licensing issue, SI dont have to make top quality virtual versions of the players in the game. The can just make generic models like they do now but bigger and besides the graphics are not the reason that we play FM so if it was added Im sure most people would not complain.

I'm just saying what SI said on these forums /i/once[/i] (that I saw). They can't get too close because of legal reasons. These reasons were not elaborated upon. I doubt generic faces would make the lawyers happy -- probably the opposite, in fact. I mean, they can't have <player x> get arrested and/or suspended for spousal abuse in the game because <r/l player x> would say it was defamation. I suspect some lesser-degree, parellel-equivelent is in play.

Maybe a Dot for a head... ;)

Archived