Where do you start from?

started unemployed, and got the wrexham job in the BSP.... 3 back to back promotions and my contract had expired (3yrs), once we got to Championship, so i left and got the QPR job now in championship, trying to push for the playoffs... 6 games left, 7pts out...

I start off at Liverpool, win as much as I can to get my Manager profile up, then towards the end of my time loan or sell a few youngsters to the team I'm considering managing (usually a lower league team) then resign to move on to a new challenge.

On any CM/FM i would alway start as low as possible without the need to edit loads of info in myself or apply someone else's patches (which may or may not work properly in the long run)

Therefore on FM 2010 i start at tier 7 (regional premier divisions) since it can be activated directly from the editor without needing to mess around with teams and data etc

To be honest, I find managing a big club far too easy. I'll usually have a save or two with Man Utd or Barcelona, but after winning everything there is to aim for, for a few seasons, I tend to lose interest unfortunately.

I much prefer the challenge of a lower league club. Limited resources, low expectations, often awful players. Makes me feel more like I've earned my success, or job opportunities with bigger clubs when they come.

BSP generally. The biggest club I ever used was Spurs in 07, who i support. Some of the teams Ive used since 05 : Rushden (League 2), Barnet (league 2), Luton (BSP), Notts Forrest (league 1), Napoli (when they were seria c1), Oxford (BSP) . My latest is the Luton save, which is wicked fun.

I started unemployed lately. Went to Greek outfit Panionios, then moved after 6 months to Spanish Malaga and I quited after poor streak and now I'm in charge of Polish Wisła Kraków. But I always start with one of my favourite clubs. This makes my game even more fun.

I started my current save unemployed, got the job at US Luzenac(sp?) in French National, then left after an horrific start before taking over Macclesfield in L2 & moving to Southampton in L1, taking them up & currently in my second season in the CCC with them, great fun!

I used to always be Arsenal but this year I thought I would try a journeyman save working my way up the leagues, courtesy of Crouchaldinho's thread. Its far more enjoyable doing it this way in my opinion:thup:

Archived