New Editor delay is a joke SI

Its now over FOUR MONTHS since this game came out and we are STILL waiting for the new editor for this game. We where told it "could" be by CHRISTMAS but obvoiously not but to make us wait four months for this when the new game comes out every 12 months in my opinion is a complete JOKE. it should never have been mentioned in the first place if SI didnt care about it. Once they have our money the stop caring as much.:thdn:

• SI Staff

I updated the old editor so that people had one available to use - unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do any additional enhancements to it since its release because I've been working 24/7 pretty much on another work project*.

As Dec mentioned the editor is something I do in my spare time largely - simply put I don't have any at the moment, apologies for that - its just one of those things.

I HAVE invited anyone interested in making a third-party editor to email me, I'm more than happy to act as 'tech support' and explain the data structures etc. which the existing editor uses so they can enhance and improve things themselves - unfortunately at present no ones been brave enough to volunteer to do so.

*Which is just starting to quieten down (hopefully) now BUT I will happily admit I'm planning to catch up on sleep, time with my family and the last series of 'Heroes**' before I think about the editor, I'm knackered ;)

**Which I have to admit from the 2 episodes I've seen so far doesn't seem as good as the previous ones though, hopefully it'll pick up?

• SI Staff
Marc, I Emailed you asking if you have the software name and the databases then I will have a go at making one if you can guide me

There isn't a 'software' specifically for making an editor - I use C++ generally and thats what the current editor has been created using, however the data used is simply a custom format rather than a standard SQL base (I simply dumped down some basic C structures to disk).

If you poke in the editor data area you'll see various files - open them with a hex editor and its very easy to ascertain what the structure of the data is as nothings encrypted at all (what you see on screen is whats held in the data file - simple as that).

If you want to make an editor then I'd recommend you use whatever programming tools you're most used to - anything will do really from Visual Basic up.

PS - Sorry to hear about Heroes first two series were fantastic imho; I'll still give it a chance though ... eternal optimist me ;)

I normally hard code so that isn't anything however I have poked around visually and I will send you a screenshot when I have done. However, I will need the .dat files for the clubs and stuff so I have the values.

PS- I just watched yesterdays and it is picking up ;).

PS - Sorry to hear about Heroes first two series were fantastic imho; I'll still give it a chance though ... eternal optimist me ;)

For what it's worth, I just finished watching the last season. It's not as good as the first season(s), but it's still pretty good. First season was jawdroppingly good. Guess it was impossible to follow up on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Marc Can you send me the Source file for your FMH Editor. Seen then I have been trying to add some on your editor but still can't get in it. If you are using the C++ format so maybe i can try to add some new function on the edit. For your info I'm not good at hex editor. Since then I have try making a private server game using C++ format so maybe I can try to add on your source files.:)

Send me to my email at muhdanaqi@yahoo.com.sg

• SI Staff
Marc Can you send me the Source file for your FMH Editor. Seen then I have been trying to add some on your editor but still can't get in it. If you are using the C++ format so maybe i can try to add some new function on the edit. For your info I'm not good at hex editor. Since then I have try making a private server game using C++ format so maybe I can try to add on your source files.:)

Send me to my email at muhdanaqi@yahoo.com.sg

You have email.

Archived