Would you offload a player who cant take an official warning for 'poor performance'

My goalie ended with a rating of 5, after making a mistake which gifted the other side a goal in a cup rnd that we lost 2-1, after the match i gave him an official warning and he declared unfair treatment. I have therefore put him up for sale since he can't handle 'taking it on the chin'.

Would you also offload a player who isn't man enough to admit to making mistakes and playing v poorly ?

If the poor performances/mistakes are consistent, than I would sell him. For one bad performance though, no I would not. Everyone makes mistakes and/or has poor performances once in a while, so it is to be expected.

First thing to consider, is if they're actually good enough to begin with, or are they playing above their level?

Assuming they are good enough, then my first choice would be to be disappointed or angry in the post match team-talk.

If their performance continued to be far below par, then I would "rest" them, through the player interaction options. That can sometimes engender a reaction from the player. That, or publicly criticise their performance.

Finally, if they were performing so poorly on a continued basis, I would then warn them or fine them for a below 5 performance. If they took that disciplinary action the wrong way, they would be out the door quicker than I could say "Byeeeeeee".

I'll give players a chance to prove themselves, if they can't produce the goods on a consistent level, then they're no good to my club.

Bit harsh though in fairness. The very nature of goalkeeping means a mistake generally leads to a goal, they are only 'human'. If that is his first mistake then I can see why he has declared unfair treatment!

more than just his first mistake, since i have number of mistakes made enabled on the menu.

still, was a wise choice in the end, as my back up keeper is even better, only conceded 1 goal in 9 games, and that was a pen.

Depends. I took over as Man U once, Ferdinand got sent off first game, and was awful in his next appearance. warned him for poor performance, and he got angry. Tried to sell him off, but no-one would pay for him. Then loaned him out to Fiorentina for 5 mill up front, and a 17.5 mill option to buy. Which they took up at the end of the season, despite him having a rating of 6.7-6.8.

Bought Chiellini as a replacement. Good times.

No, the wise choice would have been just dropping him and choosing your back up keeper. Now you have in effect one keeper, and another v unhappy one. You dealt with him too harsh in most peoples opinion.

why are you not "man enough to admit to making mistakes" ;-)

I've never even considered fining a player for bad performance.

Am I missing something?

Nope. If I saw someone whose morale showed "complacent" all the way through a cup final against Barcelona, for example, I might consider it, but it would be a fine based on attitude rather than performance.

I usually fine anyone who get below 4 rating, and if they can't handle the fine but declares unfair treatment, then they're out the door. It's a difference in having a bad match and being a completely useless tard that cant handle criticism when he've screwed up.

Archived