goal deja vu

Two (?) months of an intensive (?) work of the SI gentlmen and the goal diversity is gone. When I look back to 10.2 it is not the "corner bug" or lack of long shot goals, or even lob headers that I despise mostly. It is the fact that the goal scoring joy is gone since whenever my team scores it feels like having a deja vu. The story is always about the same: a couple of passes exchanged in the midfield, run of either my poacher, attacking midfielder or winger (cut inside) from the deep into the penalty area, a well timed pass into the opponents' defense, a goal. Just another one not to remember. A statistics.

RIP

"Goal magic"

FM 2010 10.0 to 10.2

See you in next incarnation. Hopefully.

Two (?) months of an intensive (?) work of the SI gentlmen and the goal diversity is gone. When I look back to 10.2 it is not the "corner bug" or lack of long shot goals, or even lob headers that I despise mostly. It is the fact that the goal scoring joy is gone since whenever my team scores it feels like having a deja vu. The story is always about the same: a couple of passes exchanged in the midfield, run of either my poacher, attacking midfielder or winger (cut inside) from the deep into the penalty area, a well timed pass into the opponents' defense, a goal. Just another one not to remember. A statistics.

RIP

"Goal magic"

FM 2010 10.0 to 10.2

See you in next incarnation. Hopefully.

That's one of the reasons i went back to 10.2 :D

I agree totally. There seems to be only two ways of scoring as far as I can see, one on one's (ironically) from s striker or attacking midfielder and long shots. I can honestly say I have never seen a "pull back" from the byline or a simple tap in or a mazy dribble and all my headers go over the bar!!!

I've got to agree I'm afraid. Goals are far too similar and in my opinion the 3D match view does not simulate realistic attacking football. There's no variety and the pace of players, I think, is poorly represented. Too many times wingers with high pace seem to be swallowed up by full backs with lower pace stats. Because of this lack of wing play, either by me or the opposition, it's the central through ball which is taken forward by my striker (normally on the shoulders on the defenders) to a one-on-one with the keeper that represents the vast majority of my scoring opportunities.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but my opinion is that FM2010's ME shows little resemblance to the clubs I watch each week.

I'm glad i haven't experienced the same as you guys, on this one.

There is a good variation on how goals are scored in my game. If it was the same as you have, i would probably get bored very quickly :D

Doesn't tell me anything really, about how bad it is. As i enjoy this better than 09.

It does tell me that you don't really fancy this version......so i guess it only tells me your personal preference :D

Archived