Never any breakaways

So why are there never any breakaways in FM 2010 ?

If the ball is ever hoofed up the field, say from a corner, and there are maybe 3 attackers against 3 defenders, by the time the ball is crossed, or if one of the attackers turns on the ball, EVERYONE else has amazingly run like The Flash, and got back into position, even though some of them will be quite slow/very slow players.

Worked well on CM4, only other version i've played, but on this version it is atrocious/laughable, and NOWHERE near real life. Some of these guys must be breaking the sound barrier when they run :eek:

Thats because of spaghetti programming.

Everything ties into everything. Buff one thing and something else gets worse and vice versa.

If more modules were programmed seperately and differently we would have more realism. When things are programmed in a way that when one string is pulled, something at the other end of the string is affected, then we have what we see in the current FM match engine.

So why are there never any breakaways in FM 2010 ?

If the ball is ever hoofed up the field, say from a corner, and there are maybe 3 attackers against 3 defenders, by the time the ball is crossed, or if one of the attackers turns on the ball, EVERYONE else has amazingly run like The Flash, and got back into position, even though some of them will be quite slow/very slow players.

Worked well on CM4, only other version i've played, but on this version it is atrocious/laughable, and NOWHERE near real life. Some of these guys must be breaking the sound barrier when they run :eek:

I can send you a pkm with two goals scored from counter attacking.

My Nigeria team plays on the counter-attack all the time. Scored some great goals.

Have you got counter-attack box ticked? Have you got players set with hold-up ball, stifling play? Have you got time-wasting too high and tempo too low?

Don't immediately assume it's the programming.

I don't have a problem with this. In the right circumstances, quick counter-attack goals are easy. Have you set your tactics up for it?

Yes, i have always set up counter attack ever since i first started playing CM/FM, on CM4 it was never a problem, goals galore, but on FM2010 everyone has run back to position while the guy is still running with the ball in a straight line, or by the time he has turned on the ball.

From a corner hoofed upfield, the oppositions defenders (who were up for the corner) can get into position before a cross even comes in, i find it very frustrating and annoying.

My Nigeria team plays on the counter-attack all the time. Scored some great goals.

Have you got counter-attack box ticked? Have you got players set with hold-up ball, stifling play? Have you got time-wasting too high and tempo too low?

Don't immediately assume it's the programming.

And i always have time wasting, holding up ball etc set to the lowest setting.

Yes, i have always set up counter attack ever since i first started playing CM/FM, on CM4 it was never a problem, goals galore, but on FM2010 everyone has run back to position while the guy is still running with the ball in a straight line, or by the time he has turned on the ball.

From a corner hoofed upfield, the oppositions defenders (who were up for the corner) can get into position before a cross even comes in, i find it very frustrating and annoying.

You must be playing a different FM to me, I just scored two lovely counter attacking goals with Bath City :D

Archived