Slowest player you've seen? (outfield)

I had a 39 year old Welsh defender who literally had an acceleration of 2 and a pace of 1. It went down pretty fast as he started to age, and by the end he had to get around on a wheelchair. Still, despite playing in a wheelchair, he was one of my better players and is now a club legend.

:D

the pace of a player is sometimes irrelevant I find. If the ME so decides it, the previously nippy defender will sidestep (not unlike a crab), whilst an otherwise labouring centre forward will run half the length of the pitch and rob said defender, for a one on one chance.

You know what happens next....

I'm currently in control of Salford City in the Unibond League Division 1 North (eighth division), and two of my CBs (both just past 40) have pace ratings of 1. It's the middle of the season and there are no other players available with the quality I'm looking for. Their technical and mental stats are the best in the team though, and my younger defenders are all prone to error, so I just make sure to partner them with a slightly more sprightly 36 year old. I'm not stupid enough to play them both at once. It's amazing what you can get away with at this level. :D

I managed Stafford Rangers for quite a while, and i'm sure that some of the older guys in my team were stretchered ON to the pitch for most games! :D

Sounds like my mates dad on a saturday afternoon. :rolleyes:

Archived