full time whistle

hi im not coming on here to rant, i just wana see if any 1 else is having the same thing happen to them.ive just played against chelski and in the last 10 mins got back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down so ive got all the momentum for the last few minutes but the ref calls time just as im attacking, now i know that it was right at the end of injury time but IRL refs never blow the whistle excatley at the end of injury time

hi im not coming on here to rant, i just wana see if any 1 else is having the same thing happen to them.ive just played against chelski and in the last 10 mins got back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down so ive got all the momentum for the last few minutes but the ref calls time just as im attacking, now i know that it was right at the end of injury time but IRL refs never blow the whistle excatley at the end of injury time

Are you patched up to 8.0.2? Because in 8.0.0, there was too much injury time given (referee would wait for ages to blow up despite playing 200% of designated time). This has been toned down significantly in the patch and so you're experiencing this; referees being much stricter on stoppage time.

yes i am all patched up, but as i say i just found it annoying as i was in Chelsea's peneltay are but as soon as it reached the 94th minute which was the amount of injury time given the referee blew his whistle where as irl the ref surel would let the atttack finish wouldn't he. i just think that there should be more avantages played not only in this situation but in others as well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cockyhammer:

yes i am all patched up, but as i say i just found it annoying as i was in Chelsea's peneltay are but as soon as it reached the 94th minute which was the amount of injury time given the referee blew his whistle where as irl the ref surel would let the atttack finish wouldn't he. i just think that there should be more avantages played not only in this situation but in others as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ref does not have to wait for any attack to finish before blowing the whistle, if time is up, time is up, regardless of where the ball is on the pitch.

Injurytime is a minimum but generally if there is to be 4 mins injury time, unless anything drastic happens in those 4 mins the ref will usually blow full-time very close to the 4 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jbaker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cockyhammer:

yes i am all patched up, but as i say i just found it annoying as i was in Chelsea's peneltay are but as soon as it reached the 94th minute which was the amount of injury time given the referee blew his whistle where as irl the ref surel would let the atttack finish wouldn't he. i just think that there should be more avantages played not only in this situation but in others as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ref does not have to wait for any attack to finish before blowing the whistle, if time is up, time is up, regardless of where the ball is on the pitch.

Injurytime is a minimum but generally if there is to be 4 mins injury time, unless anything drastic happens in those 4 mins the ref will usually blow full-time very close to the 4 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I no that that is the case but surely he would wait for he ball to go out of play as something like this could really change a teams season as if id have scored id have gone 3rd in the league so it coulda been quite important

When Livingston played in the Uefa Cup they were winning 3-2 on aggregate, the other team got a corner in stoppage time, and scored from it, making the score 3-3 and putting them thorugh on away goals... except the ref blew the whistle for full time as soon as they took the corner, so the goal didn't stand and Livi went through.

SO basically, the ref can pretty much blow the full time whistle whenever he wants as long as at least 90 mins have been played.

I am sure something like this happened in the premier league the ball wne tout for a corner and the ref blew for full time as they were getting that ball to take the corner. The players went mad but the commentators just said that the ref can blow for full time when he wants to. I think it was Chelsea against someone not sure though.

Archived