My Reputation and such

So, I'm only 3 months down my 1st season with 1860 Munchen, after a horrible start of 1 point in 6 games came a nice run of 3 wins in 4 games and safe mid-table position so far. Suddenly I get a mail that Hansa Rostock manager's got fired and I am one of the top names mentioned as a candidate.

Needless to say that IRL an unknown manager only 3 months down his first job, (let alone not doing that well too!) will never be candidate for anything, ever, in no single professional or semi-professional league of any sport.

This example is an extreme sure, but similar things happen when you choose 2 playable leagues, one of a low profile country (say, Sweden, or Greece) and one of a high profile (say, England, Spain, etc.), if you are successful in your low profile league, it usually won't take you more than a season or two to become a candidate for a club in the high profile league you've chosen.

This is way unrealistic, the only way to actually be a reasonable candidate, especially coming from a low-profile league, is to have a continental reputation, which should only arrive after a big success on the continental scene or something ridiculous like winning 5-6 titles in a row in your own league. Otherwise, this just makes the whole thing look too easy.

What rep did you give yourself at game start, if you went automatic there would be no way you'd be able to go from a small rep league (Austalia would probably be a better example than Sweden or Greece) to EPL but if you are English and gave yourself the international footballer rep then it could happen easily as long as your own rep doesn't slide.

Also the example of 1860 and Hansa can be explained by the fact that there is only a 150 difference of rep between the two clubs and they're both in the same division.

I always choose automatic experience and Israeli nationality. After 2 titles in Israel I'm always declared as a candidate to manage in the EPL (not only in this FM, it goes back a few years in a row).

As for the German example, still, never mind the reputation of the clubs, I only managed a professional club for 3 months in my career and lost most of the games, I shouldn't be candidate for anything.

It's because you set your experience as automatic. This means your rep is set as equivalent to the league you are managing in, so as it's the Bundesliga you have a pretty high reputation. Next time you start a game you should set it as Sunday League Footballer.

Oh, I was sure that automatic means just basically the lowest form of it - unknown guy with no footballing experience. Cheers Kenco.

Saints, I truly apologize, seeing that it bothers you so much, I now realize what I've done by starting this thread thus putting the entire forum and its viewers through unimaginable torture, please accept my apology, preferably before bedtime so I can sleep peacefully tonight. Bless me father for I've sinned..:rolleyes: Guess the world never run outs of suckers and suckups :rolleyes:

It's because you set your experience as automatic. This means your rep is set as equivalent to the league you are managing in, so as it's the Bundesliga you have a pretty high reputation. Next time you start a game you should set it as Sunday League Footballer.

btw, come to think about it, still doesn't explain why am I getting offers quite quickly in the Israeli league too..

Oh, I was sure that automatic means just basically the lowest form of it - unknown guy with no footballing experience. Cheers Kenco.

Saints, I truly apologize, seeing that it bothers you so much, I now realize what I've done by starting this thread thus putting the entire forum and its viewers through unimaginable torture, please accept my apology, preferably before bedtime so I can sleep peacefully tonight. Bless me father for I've sinned..:rolleyes: Guess the world never run outs of suckers and suckups :rolleyes:

It's nothing personal, but I came across about three threads about the exact same situation in three days. And I'm sure that was only the tip of the iceberg, as I only come on about once a day and page one of this forum changes so quickly.

I know forums like this are a true pain to search (something SI should really look to solve), but this particular topic is getting out of control. Especially when the reason it is happening is frankly so obvious.

If you don't want to be linked to every job on the planet, don't set your rep to international or automatic. There's really nothing to complain about here.

HAHA! Nice...

Archived