Too easy to get huge transfer funds ?

I view FM as the managment game that favours realism where possible. If you want an easier, more straightforward experience, go buy one of the alternatives. But one area where I feel they are getting it completely wrong is transfer funds..........it's just too easy to get your hands on a fortune to spend.

I've gone Rangers, for example. You start the game skint.......fine, that's realistic. The summer passes with little chance of activity unless you sell.

But then in my first January window the board gave me £10m. Then in the following summer, they gave me a further £10m at least from memory, and with player sales I ended up spending over £25m.

I've only gone Rangers so far in FM10, but my experience of past FMs going other sides is the same. Clubs far too quickly accumulate huge sums of money to spend that they would never be able to spend in real life.

I think most of us choose to play FM for a challenge, we want to be tested. The financial side of the game is taking away from the challenge.

Well yes but it's only if you start off as a large club.

If I'm a lower club though It's going to take a while more to get large funds because I'm going to need to build rep and make success

True. I tend to play both ends of the spectrum. Start off as the team I support....Rangers. Then once I'm bored of that, play as a lower league side.

So yeah, my experience of playing as a Blue Square North side, for example, is realistic.

But when I do go a bigger side, like Rangers, I'd like a realistic, challenging experience. At the moment FM isn't offering that in my view.

I view FM as the managment game that favours realism where possible. If you want an easier, more straightforward experience, go buy one of the alternatives. But one area where I feel they are getting it completely wrong is transfer funds..........it's just too easy to get your hands on a fortune to spend.

I've gone Rangers, for example. You start the game skint.......fine, that's realistic. The summer passes with little chance of activity unless you sell.

But then in my first January window the board gave me £10m. Then in the following summer, they gave me a further £10m at least from memory, and with player sales I ended up spending over £25m.

I've only gone Rangers so far in FM10, but my experience of past FMs going other sides is the same. Clubs far too quickly accumulate huge sums of money to spend that they would never be able to spend in real life.

I think most of us choose to play FM for a challenge, we want to be tested. The financial side of the game is taking away from the challenge.

I think it's fairly easy for top clubs to get money, but I'd imagine that there's a fair number of folks toiling in the lower leagues of their respective countries that would kill for a 2% of your Rangers budget. I see the lower leagues as being more about budget management, the higher leagues as being more about tactics and man management.

I think the real question is where are you getting the money from?

How are you accumulating large sums?

Player sales? board investments? well managed budget? regular profit over several seasons?

I suspect a lot that do accumulate a lot of money manipulate the transfer market in a less than realistic way.

I've managed three different clubs now (All foreign lower leagues) and all have struggled to pay wages even with a small squad. Players only sign short term contracts (1-2 seasons) and you struggle to sell them because other clubs can't afford transfer fees.

would agree with two points here it is relativly easy for a lower quality higher league team to quickly gain an unrealistic transfer budget teams that it would normally take years to build up those funds like everton and blackburn

but mostly people do this by having a huge player turnover that real life clubs simply could not sustain and selling any player over 30 where this would not happen in every situation at a smaller club

It is too easy to get huge funds. I'm Forfar, currently sitting in the Scottish First Division in season 5 with £1.3M in the bank. The most I've sold a player for is 75k, and even then he was my top star. It's too easy to get friendlies against decent sides that TV companies inexplicably want to broadcast. This preseason, I got Everton, Villa and Derby to come to my friendly tournament at wee Station Park. I raked in about 65k in gate receipts and a bizarre 150k in TV revenue from those three fixtures alone. That said, I did get mightily battered in all the games (the best being a creditable 1-4 defeat), but even so, there's no way I should be able to coax such money out of the game. It is an exploitation of the game for sure, but it's an example of how "disposable" money is in the game. I don't think the financial model in the game really has the proper expenditures in the game appropriately mapped out.

It is too easy to get huge funds. I'm Forfar, currently sitting in the Scottish First Division in season 5 with £1.3M in the bank. The most I've sold a player for is 75k, and even then he was my top star. It's too easy to get friendlies against decent sides that TV companies inexplicably want to broadcast. This preseason, I got Everton, Villa and Derby to come to my friendly tournament at wee Station Park. I raked in about 65k in gate receipts and a bizarre 150k in TV revenue from those three fixtures alone. That said, I did get mightily battered in all the games (the best being a creditable 1-4 defeat), but even so, there's no way I should be able to coax such money out of the game. It is an exploitation of the game for sure, but it's an example of how "disposable" money is in the game. I don't think the financial model in the game really has the proper expenditures in the game appropriately mapped out.

if im a lower club team i usually do the freindlies trick to raise some cash.

completely agree 100%. also it is very easy to get good players on the free. another thing is you can sell crap player for 2-3M easily.

2-3 million is cheap.

look at the rubbish Rafa and Houllier before him bought in real life for 10 mill plus.

Aquilani cost 20 mill ffs and has he had even one decent game yet, or played more than a handful of times even tho his injury finished months ago ? The biggest waste of 20 mill ever imo.

Archived