10.3 Woodwork Galore?

Not sure if there's a thread but....

Now I don't mean to be a nuisance but is anyone else experiencing the pain of seeing the ball hit the woodwork every game?

It's just over the last 5 games I must of seen at least 10 shots etc hit the woodwork...

Here's an example

TranmerevGillingham-Copy.png?t=1268493791

or

CharltonvGillingham-Copy.png?t=1268493792

Now is just me seeing the ball hit the woodwork every game or is anyone else experiencing this? :o

Well it's too often it needs tweaking. But we can't do anything except whine about it so leave it be.

To say it's "too often", you'd need to compile some stats from the game, and some from real life. Games where a team hits the woodwork 3 or 4 times aren't all that rare, so if the average in FM is 2 say (no idea, I haven't counted), that might be quite realistic.

I don't need to do anything. For me it's too often and I say it. And there were quite a few people complaining about the same thing basicly that superkeepers are toned down and replaced by woodwork hits. I don't know if that's the case.. but compared to 10.2 the woodworks started happening much more often.

Too many headers hit the top of the bar and go over, but SI already said that they think the chance of scoring headers is too low. I don't understand why they just focus on huge patches only, a small fix every now and then could make everyone a whole lot happier. Apart from a few minor issues 10.3 is great tho.

Just a shame the game still favours narrow formations.

TBF goals get disallowed quite a lot in real life. My own issue with it in game is that you know when its going to be disallowed because the bar gives it away, they should just have it go off like a normal goal to add to the frustration :)

Hitting a woodwork is simply a missed shot and it suits well both the long shots and headers bugs. Those two latters implicate the previous one unfortunately. So tweaking long shots and headers accuracy would remove woodwork bug.

SI does not have any interest in issuing a bug free game. They would score an own goal this way. The way it is, they can achive a well balanced state between players' satisfaction and urge to buy a better FM xxxx ver. next fall. Anybody deludes themselves that 2011 will be anything different from 2010 ;-).

To say it's "too often", you'd need to compile some stats from the game, and some from real life. Games where a team hits the woodwork 3 or 4 times aren't all that rare, so if the average in FM is 2 say (no idea, I haven't counted), that might be quite realistic.

I did some stats. Averaged 3 woodworks in each game in 1 season. That was only me, never mind the opposition.

While football news is hard to come by, here are some facts about the Premier League in 2007.

•Manchester United won 25 of their 37 league games in 2007, more than any other team

•Fulham drew 16 times in 2007, more than any other team

•Wigan lost 22 of their 38 games in 2007, more than any other side

•Top scorers: Manchester United & Spurs with 73 goals each

•Worst defence: Bolton and Wigan with 66 goals conceded each. Spurs were third with 63

•Reading (38) gained more points at home than Liverpool (36) in 2007

•Manchester United conceded only eight home goals all season

•There were 79 goals in Tottenham’s 18 home games in 2007

•Arsenal won 16 home games in 2007, more than any other side

•Chelsea were the best away side in 2007, winning 11 games and collecting 37 points

•Bolton leaked a worrying 47 goals in 19 away games in 2007, a divisional high

•Fulham were the only ever present side not to win an away game in 2007

•Charlton and Watford both played half the number of away games as Fulham but collected more points on the road

•Chelsea made the most substitutions, 102

•Arsenal hit the woodwork the most, 15 times.............Ummmmmmmmmm the only wood stat :(

•Arsenal and Spurs were both awarded 10 penalties in 2007, the Gunners scoring eight, Spurs six

•Portsmouth and Wigan both conceded a league-high eight penalties

•Liverpool hit the most long-range shots, 258

•Chelsea scored the most long range goals, 14

•Reading scored 18 headed goals, more than any other side

•West Ham committed 582 fouls, more than any other team

•Bolton were shown 81 yellow cards, the most, while Blackburn saw red eight times, also a league-high

•Spurs leaked 18 long-range goals, more than any other side while Liverpool were the only team not to concede from long range

•Robbie Keane was the top scorer in 2007 with 19 goals

•Cristiano Ronaldo hit 113 shots during the 12 month period, more than anyone else

•Sheffield United’s Rob Hulse was denied by the woodwork five times, more than any other player

•Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe both saw two penalties saved by keepers

•Kevin Doyle was the most prolific player with his head, scoring seven times

•John Carew was responsible for the most headed shots, 29

•Matt Derbyshire scored five substitute goals, more than any other benchwarmer

•Cesc Fabregas ended the year with 14 assists, a Premier League high

•Fabregas also made the most passes, 2238

•David Bentley whipped in the most crosses, 281

•Kevin Davies enhanced his bruising reputation with 82 fouls during the 12 months

•Mikel Arteta was the most fouled player in the division, 110 times

•Blackburn’s Ryan Nelsen gave away four penalties, more than any other player

•Nicky Butt received the most yellow cards, 13

•Marcus Hahnemann made the most saves, 139

Well 15 compared to the amount hitting in FM is shocking in comparison.

That's true, to be frank i played 10 matchs for QPR last night and i never hit the post once, but the gk was all over the place saving.

The me is to me one of the best to date, but as we all know this game is always in development but i feel they need one more patch to finish off what they started and have not finished in FM10.

In a recent match I hit the woodwork 6 times. It does seem too common as every ball floated into the box seems certain to bounce off the bar. I may have a look through some of my previous games for some stats and post the results...

Isn't the real problem that too many chances are created to make the game entertaining, so they need a lot of crazy saves and misses to keep the scores realistic?

Not sure, I've seen this in FM since 09. In FM09 I hit the bar every single game. In FM10 me and the AI hit the bar/post nearly every single game, sometimes 3-6 times in one game! Since the 10.3 patch, chances created are much more realistic but it seems the woodwork hitting is still very much there. It is annoying, but still...I rather have that than gazillion CCC that are missed in spectacular fashion. ;) Too bad the game doesn't keep track of the amount of woodwork hits in the league, would love to see it cause I can imagine it is FAR above a realistic level.

It's definitely an issue, rather than the way it's supposed to work, as in 10.1 (I think - that or 10.0), woodwork shots were at normal amounts. It's since 10.2 and 10.3 it's crept back up. And not just in the amount, but as I stated earlier, I'm getting them in the exact same places in every match which is just stupid. Every header I get, you can bet your house that every other header will hit the crossbar dead centre. Not to the right or the left, or on the posts, but dead centre. Every single time.

• 1 month later...

Archived