How to turn pro?

Well I've been playing a low division scottish club with glorious history to tray to restore it's fame and all but it is a semi-professional one.

So how do I turn it into a professional one? I just got promoted to divison 1. Do i have to enter the SPL to become pro or what?

Offer all your players professional contracts, and all your staff. That's what I did with Altrincham in the BSP, i'll just check if I am professional club now,.

EDIT: Still says Semi-Pro, yet all my first team and reserve players are on professional contracts and so are my staff.

Offer all your players professional contracts, and all your staff. That's what I did with Altrincham in the BSP, i'll just check if I am professional club now,.

I'm not sure that actually makes any difference, I think turning pro is more down to gain in reputation.

• 2 weeks later...

Some clubs turn pro in england when they reach the conference. Infact, most clubs in the conference have profesional status now I believe.

You yourself can't turn the club profesional, thats own to the board to do when they feel its time you're a profesional club. I'd imagine this will be when you hit the SPL..

as far as i'm played... there are two thing that u can turn your club to be pro... this is based on what im faced...

1. it will automatically turn pro when a certain league....

this when i played afc wimbledon... my club turn pro when they in league one.

2. change all your player to pro contract.

this when i played sheffield fc in lower league (using SB mod). my club turn pro when i turn all player and staff to be pro contrant (dont remember in what league - i think in blue square north/south).

but may be like one of the forumer said... u will be pro when u promoted to certain level... may be being promoted two times... just maybe... :-)

Two things hamzarie...

1. Changing your players to full time contracts does not turn your club professional. As I posted above, it's the board that turns a club professional.

2. Don't write in text language, it's against the House Rules everybody agrees to as a condition of joining the forum.

No it's Dumbarton :D The first ever scottish league winners (or co-winners) don't remember exactly :D
Co-winners with Rangers, yep :)

Both were tied on points and they didn't bother taking things like goal difference into account (Dumbarton would have won it outright if they did, though it pains me to admit it as a Rangers fan), so they had a playoff at a neutral ground. That match ended 1-1 and they never bothered with a re-match or penalty shootout or anything, so Dumbarton and Rangers were announced as joint champions :D

Always will be, how come?
Queen's Park is a team that has quite bravely stood by the principles upon which the club was founded, one of which is that no player would receive a wage to play for the team. In over 140 years, Queen's Park have never paid wages to its players. The club have a section dedicated to their history, so you might be interested in reading it :)http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/Club%20information/history/intro.html

Co-winners with Rangers, yep :)

Both were tied on points and they didn't bother taking things like goal difference into account (Dumbarton would have won it outright if they did, though it pains me to admit it as a Rangers fan), so they had a playoff at a neutral ground. That match ended 1-1 and they never bothered with a re-match or penalty shootout or anything, so Dumbarton and Rangers were announced as joint champions :D

Glad to hear you know your history :D I had to look in Wikipedia before starting with Dumbarton about this. Too bad in FM this is not presented right and Rangers are given the 1st title and the next year it's Dumbarton. But still i'll have to roleplay it like they did have a trophy in season 1 :D

Glad to hear you know your history :D I had to look in Wikipedia before starting with Dumbarton about this. Too bad in FM this is not presented right and Rangers are given the 1st title and the next year it's Dumbarton. But still i'll have to roleplay it like they did have a trophy in season 1 :D

My 19th century football history isn't exactly brilliant, but I remember reading about the first Scottish league season a couple of years ago and for some reason the stuff about the playoff etc. has just stuck. As for FM saying Rangers won the first title and Dumbarton got the second: Eh? I've just checked FM10 for both clubs, and according to it Rangers didn't win the league until 1898/99 (where they apparently won all 18 games they played :D). It's got Rangers in second place for the 1890/91 title, and Dumbarton are listed as having come first (and having won it the year after as well). Like I said anyway, technically they should have won it outright and I suppose it may not be possible in FM to list two teams as having finished in first place, so Rangers being listed as having come second on goal difference doesn't bother me too much since that's what should have happened in real life :)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1526/dumbartonhistory.png

Archived