Too scared to play FM

Okay maybe the title is a bit extreme but here is my "problem"

I am in my first season as Celtic manager, my first time managing in the SPL and well I am having the best start to a season I have ever had, I'm currently on a 24 match winning steak in all competitions (including the champions league where I was drawn in a group that included Man Utd). The problem I have now though is being a manager that is used to fighting relegation and scrapping for every point and having a desire to play just "one more match" I am finding that with every match I am more and more nervous that I will lose and I dont want to push it so I play a couple of games, then leave it for the day then go back to it the next day, play a couple more matches then leave it. I think I am enjoying the winning streak so much it is actually making me scared to play the game and see my run come to an end ( which I am fully aware it will have to oneday )

Does anyone else ever have this weird phobia kick in during a very good spell?

I guess I am just one of those people that enjoys the mental punishment of the basement battle.

Your mind seems one of failure which you find hard to deal with when it happens, but your expectations are so high that just the slightest of hic-cups and you come down to such a low level you feel rejected.

My answer is take a long walk for some fresh air and think positive thoughts like the weather is nice or the birds are singing.

This will help you and cope with your phobia, if you need some more help and support there are plenty of websites to deal with the emotinal turmoil you endure with.

Oh also DR Phil is on the living channel on sky he might help you, good luck buddy :)

It's just a strange thing, I have in the past played 26 hours straight trying to, and suceeding in, avoiding relegation or pushing for the playoffs but its usually an up and down experience where the highs are balanced out by the massive lows.

Not even Rangers at Ibrox proved a challenge as I crushed them 5 - 0!

I am either a tactical genius or riding the wave of good fortune ( or both ) it has to end but I'm just scared that it will.

What channel is living? never mind found it. Sky+ Dr Phil. lol

Well, the hardest thing to manage will be the inevitable complacency that creeps in. Don't worry, you'll come back down to earth with a bump with one of those dominant performances, which still ends in defeat ;)

Then your next aim it to go one better with the next unbeaten run. :)

Okay maybe the title is a bit extreme but here is my "problem"

I am in my first season as Celtic manager, my first time managing in the SPL and well I am having the best start to a season I have ever had, I'm currently on a 24 match winning steak in all competitions (including the champions league where I was drawn in a group that included Man Utd). The problem I have now though is being a manager that is used to fighting relegation and scrapping for every point and having a desire to play just "one more match" I am finding that with every match I am more and more nervous that I will lose and I dont want to push it so I play a couple of games, then leave it for the day then go back to it the next day, play a couple more matches then leave it. I think I am enjoying the winning streak so much it is actually making me scared to play the game and see my run come to an end ( which I am fully aware it will have to oneday )

Does anyone else ever have this weird phobia kick in during a very good spell?

I guess I am just one of those people that enjoys the mental punishment of the basement battle.

I think youve got mental problems :/

I know what you mean, and when that defeat finally arrives it feels like a whole load of pressure has been removed and you can get back to enjoying your season.

Heck no. If i get a lg defeat in my 1st season on FM 2010, i start again from the 1st match. :eek:

Still that wasn't as bad as CM4. If i didn't get a PERFECT lg season in the english conference P 42, W 42 and a PERFECT lg season in serie C2C with Florentia Viola P 34 W 34, at the SAME TIME, i started the entire season off again from the very 1st match. :eek::eek:

Archived