How long do you wait b4 changing it around if you aren't winning a match ?

If i'm not winning a match by 30 mins on my 'normal instructions' i begin to use the touchline shouts to try for a result, and so far on my current save, either succeed in getting the win, or coming back from a goal or two down to get a draw.

How long do you leave it ?

It depends.

I try to leave it 20mins before I decide, if we are at least matching the opposition or restricting their chances I'll leave it until HT maybe make a minor change with a shout - mainly "Retain possession" if pass completion is low, "Work ball into box" if we are having a lot of long shots.

I tend to make more changes in the second half, more attacking if I want a goal or more defensive if protecting a lead.

Depends on the highlights (usually 'extended'). If we're playing ok and creating chances, 60 minutes to make some tweaks (unless someone is particular poor or unfit at HT). About 75 minutes, if still 0-0 in a game we should be winning, something more drastic. If we're not playing particularly well, I might use touchline shouts much earlier.

Usually round the hour mark unless something has gone drastically wrong, I really can't see how you can be concerned too much to change things after 5 minutes in all honesty though!

Usually round the hour mark unless something has gone drastically wrong, I really can't see how you can be concerned too much to change things after 5 minutes in all honesty though!

This is also my strategy.

I honestly can`t understand why that guy changes it so quickly.:confused:

It depends on my statistics, if I am controlling the game and 'deserve' to win based on the statistics then I do not change anything until the 75th minute.

If I am struggling or being played off the pitch by the opposition, then I change things much earlier, even as early as 20 minutes.

I have 3 different tactics I change between, always starting with one and switching to the others as a first resort. One is all out attacking, one counter and one standard. I also introduce different shouts or slider moves based on the performance.

It's not a score that I consider. It's the gameplay. If I have initiative, I won't hurry to change before half-time. Then changes also depend on team morale (use team talk, sub "nervous" player etc.). When things are still not working. Sub some attacking players in 60-70 minute and then use "overload" to get a goal no matter what.

I just had a game when I conceded in 40 seconds - game started. Foul by my DC in around 35 yards from goal. Free kick, rebound and goal for opponents. I didn't change anything and was leading 2-1 for half-time. So pure score doesn't matter.

Depends but its useually at the 70 min mark if i need a goal or two i will drop my d Line all the way deep and rush the rest that way i dont get slapped by a counter attack. I switch to OLoad and drop the D line deep is what i mean.

Archived