Playing behind closed doors

Since SI seem more intent on making FM a simulation as opposed to a game and there is club rivalry already within the game. How about taking that rivalry one step further and having the possibility of extreme fan disturbance (which ofc happens IRL) especially for a cup tie, so that the clubs involved possibly get large fines and have to play x number of games behind closed doors (again, both penalties which happen IRL), and also from a coding point of view, this would seem something which would seem quite easy to implement.

What are other people's thoughts on this.

They wont do this for the same reason that pitch invasions and streakers aren't in the game. They dont want to advocate or promote stupidity by the fans. I believe kickballz is right too that there are legal issues which also prevent this.

Plus I dont like it as a feature anyway. If the computer decides my fans are violent and I have to play without home advantage for a few games, i'd shut the game off instantly.

Would this not unfairly disadvantage certain teams anyway?

ye west ham millwall lol im forwvwr blowing bubbles pretty bubbles in the air they fly so high they reach the sky just like my dreams they fade and die fortunes always hiding ive looked everywhere im forever blowing bubbles pretty bubbles in the air UNITED UNITED:p

Can't be done for the reasons stated.

On the thread title though, anyone get this?:

I just fired up a new game and the assman rigged up a game against my reserves, behind closed doors.

Result 0-0.

News item - the fans are very disappointed.

Attendance 0

:confused::eek::rolleyes::D

Can't be done for the reasons stated.

On the thread title though, anyone get this?:

I just fired up a new game and the assman rigged up a game against my reserves, behind closed doors.

Result 0-0.

News item - the fans are very disappointed.

Attendance 0

:confused::eek::rolleyes::D

Yeah, i have noticed that too, I always play my 3, pre season warm ups against my reserves, so that way i can stipulate easy tackling etc to avoid injuries, and in just 3 matches i can get 2 squads fully fit.

I know, but my point was that the crowd of ZERO are complaining already!

Fan's don't necessarily have to be in the crowd.

If I heard my favourite club's first team couldn't beat the reserves I'd be a little disappointed.

Fan's don't necessarily have to be in the crowd.

If I heard my favourite club's first team couldn't beat the reserves I'd be a little disappointed.

Damn, you should be a fickle fan's spokesperson too :(

I've been at the club 24 hours, the players have just returned from holiday, tanned and overweight, we have a first training exercise and you're having a go!!!!! :eek:

;)

Damn, you should be a fickle fan's spokesperson too :(

I've been at the club 24 hours, the players have just returned from holiday, tanned and overweight, we have a first training exercise and you're having a go!!!!! :eek:

;)

Does anybody else find it odd that fan's spokespeople get their own profile page? Does it serve a purpose?

Archived