Option to swap venue for FA Cup tie for example

OFC those with more knowledge/experience can correct me if i am wrong.

But, after playing my first ever TV match in 2nd rnd of FA Cup, i had a look in finances and saw i was given 75k for that TV income.

Now, if i win the 2nd rnd replay, i will have a home tie against Wolves in the Prem.

Even if i am given another TV match for 3rd rnd (if i win the replay), that will still be 75 k would it ?

But, if that 3rd rnd tie was against someone like Man United for example, surely the money generated from ANY TV match from a small club's perspective plus the v small crowd that would attend, would STILL come nowhere near the amount of money that the club would recieve if the tie was switched to Old Trafford instead.

Therefore, wouldn't it be a GREAT option if we could swap the venue (if we are a small club with home tie advantage against a prem club) or offer to swap the venue (if we are a large club with away tie disadvantage against a small club)

This has been done quite a few times IRL, because it suits everyone involved. And would involve very little i presume in the way of coding

So how about implementing this in the game/simulation.

What are other people's thoughts on this.

But, after playing my first ever TV match in 2nd rnd of FA Cup, i had a look in finances and saw i was given 75k for that TV income.

Now, if i win the 2nd rnd replay, i will have a home tie against Wolves in the Prem.

Even if i am given another TV match for 3rd rnd (if i win the replay), that will still be 75 k would it ?

But, if that 3rd rnd tie was against someone like Man United for example, surely the money generated from ANY TV match from a small club's perspective plus the v small crowd that would attend, would STILL come nowhere near the amount of money that the club would recieve if the tie was switched to Old Trafford instead.

Therefore, wouldn't it be a GREAT option if we could swap the venue (if we are a small club with home tie advantage against a prem club) or offer to swap the venue (if we are a large club with away tie disadvantage against a small club)

This has been done quite a few times IRL, because it suits everyone involved. And would involve very little i presume in the way of coding

I believe the laws have changed on this, and they're not allowed to swap venues in real life now?

I believe the laws have changed on this, and they're not allowed to swap venues in real life now?

Whether they have changed them now or not, i believe it would STILL be a great option in the game/simulation. Not everything in the game/simulation needs to be exactly the same as irl.

I think that this would be a good option to have.

But you can only switch the cup tie on "safety issues". And I don't know anything about gaming codes or whatever but it would be interesting to find out if it would be hard to implement such a code in to the game. Deciding which ground would be safe or unsafe?

Whether they have changed them now or not, i believe it would STILL be a great option in the game/simulation. Not everything in the game/simulation needs to be exactly the same as irl.

I think it is best that the game mirrors what happens in real life where possible. As useful as it would be, if clubs can't do it in real life then I don't think they should be able to do it in the game.

I am in complete agreement, as many of the lower tier grounds are not suitable for such an influx of people, either crowd wise, or infrastructure wise. And therefore would seem more appropriate to switch the tie due to 'safety reasons'. And OFC this can be a chairman decision, and based on the chairman's personality, and/or the finances of the lower lg club that would be involved in the ground swap.

I am in complete agreement, as many of the lower tier grounds are not suitable for such an influx of people, either crowd wise, or infrastructure wise. And therefore would seem more appropriate to switch the tie due to 'safety reasons'. And OFC this can be a chairman decision, and based on the chairman's personality, and/or the finances of the lower lg club that would be involved in the ground swap.

I think it is actually up to the FA to order the switch of venue, rather than the club hosting it.

I think it is actually up to the FA to order the switch of venue, rather than the club hosting it.

Then if that is the case, it can surely be put in the game, as it is NOT beyond the realm of possibility that a v low lv tier club can make the 3rd round and get drawn at home against a prem side (for example) but their ground is not up to league standards for safety and other issues. In which case the FA IRL would sanction that the tie be moved, and SI would therefore not have in the game something which is actually possible IRL.

Then if that is the case, it can surely be put in the game, as it is NOT beyond the realm of possibility that a v low lv tier club can make the 3rd round and get drawn at home against a prem side (for example) but their ground is not up to league standards for safety and other issues. In which case the FA IRL would sanction that the tie be moved, and SI would therefore not have in the game something which is actually possible IRL.

I think it would be a good addition, but I'd imagine it would need a fair bit of work on the database first. Dynamic data on the suitability of stadia would need to be introduced first to make this possible, which I imagine would be a lot of work compared to the small chance of it actually being used.

I think it would be a good addition, but I'd imagine it would need a fair bit of work on the database first. Dynamic data on the suitability of stadia would need to be introduced first to make this possible, which I imagine would be a lot of work compared to the small chance of it actually being used.

Ah, but it wouldn't just be used for THAT.

It is also an ACTUAL lg stipulation that a ground NEEDS to meet specific issues in order for a team who has won promotion into an upper division, to be able to actually play in that division, and there have been quite a number of instances through the years where teams who have won promotion have actaully had to give up that promotion because their ground didn't meet the criteria for the next division up., especially low lv clubs.

Making corners etc harder to score from and other changes to the game so that it reflects what happens irl is all well and good (so to speak) but one shouldn't just have something in the game because it is easy to code (making corners harder can't have been easy tho) and miss out other very important elements just because they may require a little more research or coding etc, it just doesn't feel quite right.

It's like having fish without chips. They are both nice on their own, but even better when together :D

If the option was there, it wouldn't be a simulation.

As for real life, only the police have the power to force a FA Cup match to switch venues on safety grounds. If this were the case, a suitable ground in the locality of the home team would be used. For example, if Tamworth were to draw Manchester United at home in Round 3, the game might be played at Walsall's ground as that would be of suitable size and within a suitable distance.

• Administrators

As Nobby said. It isn't even the manager's call to request it, really.

I give it a thumbs down. :)

i thought if a lower league team had a cup match against a prem tem, then they would play at another clubs ground which was nearby.

i seem to rmember when Yeading drew Newcastle in the 3rd rounf Fa cup few years back and it was on TV, cos thier gorund was 49 cpacity or sumin stupid, they moved the game to QPRs loftus road

thats the worst piece of possible implementaions i've heard reagarding the game...u might as well want to host all ur games at home and get the home field advantage...have ur Champions/Europa League matches at home and hell...even request Platini to play the Champions League final every year at home....really some people dont have anything to do thank think up random stuff....be happy with what u got...some teams dont even get half of that in real life...

i thought if a lower league team had a cup match against a prem tem, then they would play at another clubs ground which was nearby.

You're wrong. It is only the police who have the power to get the tie moved. The FA brought this in after a number of small clubs switched their ties round, one of the more famous being Farnborough Town v Arsenal, only for the chairman to do a runner a few months later.

Thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

Ground regulatona are kept out the game for a reason which has been discussed many many times. Switching grounds is also a moot point. Infrastructure is relative. Just because Gainsborough may draw Man Utd in the cup it doesn't mean the attendance will spill past the current capacity. It just means the Gainsborough ground would actually reach it's capacity.

gotta hand it to ya, you never give up with your ideas.

Nobby is spot on and therefore its a :thdn: from me.

you cant really go around including everything that can happen IRL (the Togo incident at the ACON and various player deaths are two that come to mind)

Ah, but it wouldn't just be used for THAT.

It is also an ACTUAL lg stipulation that a ground NEEDS to meet specific issues in order for a team who has won promotion into an upper division, to be able to actually play in that division, and there have been quite a number of instances through the years where teams who have won promotion have actaully had to give up that promotion because their ground didn't meet the criteria for the next division up., especially low lv clubs.

Making corners etc harder to score from and other changes to the game so that it reflects what happens irl is all well and good (so to speak) but one shouldn't just have something in the game because it is easy to code (making corners harder can't have been easy tho) and miss out other very important elements just because they may require a little more research or coding etc, it just doesn't feel quite right.

It's like having fish without chips. They are both nice on their own, but even better when together :D

But i don't like fish. :D

Personally i think it would be too much effort and who wants to gain promotion only for it to be taken away because your board haven't developed the stadium to an acceptle standard? Like you said its a game and not everything has to be just like real life, and this could make it less enjoyable for some.

Archived