Reputations and signing players....

(same question applies for other similar situations. e.g. if your club is promoted from the championship to premiership)

Say for example you lead your lowly club into the champion league for the first time. At what point would the game's champions league level players become "aware" of your new status as a CL club and become interested in your club?

The day the last league game is played?

The day you have enough points for at least 4th spot?

When the board gives you your new transfer budget for the season?

First day of transfer window?

Just to clarify I'm asking when the game "flicks the switch" so to say, not factors about club loyalty of individual players like steven gerrard etc.

Thanks

Your reputation is constantly changing, and I've noticed that it goes up immediately after you win a competition and hear 'Barcelona win La Liga' or so on. I believe that reputation can even be influenced minorly by individual matches played, and buying big named players could also improve reputation. I'm not sure of this but I think it might be implemented.

It definitely takes a big jump immediately after you get the news of you winning a competition, or after you have secured a promotion position or so on. I know, because with 7 games left it was announced that I was champions of the season and the number of players from player search when 'Filter Out Unrealistic Targets' was set went up to 20,000 players from 18,000.

It is influenced by every single match. But progression is very slow and an object of many discussions.

Even being so I think it is quite realistic.

But players shouldn't be keen to sign according to reputation but according to present potential of the club and club goals. This is what counts in real life for most of football players.

Archived