how good are you

i often hear people talking up how great a manager they are saying they have won this and that. and when i take a look at some screen shots i see the date 2015 or 2026.

has anyone took a club outside of the the top 5 leagues in europe and won the champions league in there 1st season without cheating.. :thup:

I think judging how good someone is as a manager isn't just something you can use the first season to choose - part of what makes a manager successful is his ability to build up a squad. Asking them to win something like that with pre-determined players on a team they wouldn't really have had time to put their influence and strategy over is hardly a fair test of what makes a good manager. Although, I'm sure there are people out there that have done this anyway..

I think judging how good someone is as a manager isn't just something you can use the first season to choose - part of what makes a manager successful is his ability to build up a squad. Asking them to win something like that with pre-determined players on a team they wouldn't really have had time to put their influence and strategy over is hardly a fair test of what makes a good manager. Although, I'm sure there are people out there that have done this anyway..

i take the point but managers dont get time these days to build a squad so sometimes you have to work with what you have and maybe make a few changes

i often hear people talking up how great a manager they are saying they have won this and that. and when i take a look at some screen shots i see the date 2015 or 2026.

has anyone took a club outside of the the top 5 leagues in europe and won the champions league in there 1st season without cheating.. :thup:

not 1st but 2nd season with cardiff gottem in the europa league from winning fa cup in the 1st in the 2nd we won it

All this boasting is nonsense anyway. So much depends on how you play the game and what standards you set yourself. I mean, if someone wins the Champs League with Burnley and half their goals came from the corner bug, half their sales from exploits in the transfer market, using Genie etc, so what? I know you said 'not cheating', but people never think they are cheating, just being damned clever "finding" exploits that have been posted on the board. I say just play the game how you like and enjoy it in your own way. don't worry what others are doing.

All this boasting is nonsense anyway. So much depends on how you play the game and what standards you set yourself. I mean, if someone wins the Champs League with Burnley and half their goals came from the corner bug, half their sales from exploits in the transfer market, using Genie etc, so what? I know you said 'not cheating', but people never think they are cheating, just being damned clever "finding" exploits that have been posted on the board. I say just play the game how you like and enjoy it in your own way. don't worry what others are doing.

good god you got up out the wrong side of the bed.. just a bit of fun matey

not 1st but 2nd season with cardiff gottem in the europa league from winning fa cup in the 1st in the 2nd we won it

And on CM4, i once won the UEFA Cup from the English Conference in my 2nd season after winning the FA Cup in the 1st season and deliberately losing matches to stay down because I didn't manage a P 42, W 42 lg season.

And on CM4, i once won the UEFA Cup from the English Conference in my 2nd season after winning the FA Cup in the 1st season and deliberately losing matches to stay down because I didn't manage a P 42, W 42 lg season.

Just proving how overrated the English clubs are in FM...

I'm quite good with football tactics in real life. I am sport journalist and I analyze football for a bit over 20 years in real life.

In FM 2010 I still didn't win a single competition but Copa de Italia with Palermo. But I'm managing top half predicted clubs from top leagues only for a maximum of 7 years.

as in real life english clubs are overated apart from the top four, the other clubs are rated to high eg everton this season got smashed to bits by benfica and sporting lisbon sent them packing, my own club villa got beat by rapid vienna

Archived