Favoured Clubs

I think we should be able to add favoured clubs as the game progress. At least we should have an option to add the teams we worked for. Players and Staff could add teams and staff in their favoured part. Why can't we add any?

I guess it is because it is only important for AI decisions and since you make your own decisions it is irrelevant.

If you were to add clubs you work for (or had worked for) it obviously wouldn't affect your chances of job offers so it would be a redundant feature.

I guess it is because it is only important for AI decisions and since you make your own decisions it is irrelevant.

If you were to add clubs you work for (or had worked for) it obviously wouldn't affect your chances of job offers so it would be a redundant feature.

It would be important for the Chairman and clubs management when they search for a new manager. Lets say you worked for team A for 5 years and be succesfull with winning couple Leagues and Cups. You left them for 3 years, and they start searching a new manager. If team A is along with your favourites, it should increase your chance to get job offer from team A.

Well, in terms of immersion, you already have an opinion about lots of aspects that are not registered in the game. You probably have favourite players and staff as well but you don't need the game to tell you which ones you prefer.

If you have favourite staff, it should increase their chance of wanting the job from the team you are working. It is in the game actually. In FM10 it says person A wants to work in team B. Why not having a favourite staff, and increase your favourite staff's chance of declaring intrest to work with you?

For players they can also declare an interest to work for your team, or reject contract offers and wait an offer from you. It happens IRL.

It would be important for the Chairman and clubs management when they search for a new manager. Lets say you worked for team A for 5 years and be succesfull with winning couple Leagues and Cups. You left them for 3 years, and they start searching a new manager. If team A is along with your favourites, it should increase your chance to get job offer from team A.

So let me get this straight. You leave team A and go back to team A?

I was waiting for at least a team B so you could hit me with some infallible logic.

If you have favourite staff, it should increase their chance of wanting the job from the team you are working. It is in the game actually. In FM10 it says person A wants to work in team B. Why not having a favourite staff, and increase your favourite staff's chance of declaring intrest to work with you?

For players they can also declare an interest to work for your team, or reject contract offers and wait an offer from you. It happens IRL.

Yes, it is already in the game as favourite staff. He wants to work for you because you are his favourite staff - you are getting in a muddle with favourite clubs that are irrelevant to the situation unless, as you said before - you go back to a club. Pointless.

So let me get this straight. You leave team A and go back to team A?

I was waiting for at least a team B so you could hit me with some infallible logic.

I am sorry I couldn't explain clearly I suppose. Lets say you worked for M.Utd for 5 years. You won 3 Leagues, 2 FA and 3 League Cup. With these Cups you are already in M.Utd Hall of Fame. Then an offer come from Barca and you left for Barca. After some years you left M.Utd, M.Utd starts searching a new manager. If you have an option to choose M.Utd as your favorite; it will increase your chance to be considered as next M.Utd manager. And you should receive an offer from M.Utd since they think you will not turn their offer, because M.Utd. is one of your favorite club.

Yes, it is already in the game as favourite staff. He wants to work for you because you are his favourite staff - you are getting in a muddle with favourite clubs that are irrelevant to the situation unless, as you said before - you go back to a club. Pointless.

It is in the game, but you can't select your own favorite staff. For ex. Cristoph Daum's favourite Assistant Manager is Roland Koch. Chech Daum's history wherever he goes; he bring Roland Koch with him. As far as I remember for the last maybe 15 years Roland Koch is Daum's Assistant Manager.

I am sorry I couldn't explain clearly I suppose. Lets say you worked for M.Utd for 5 years. You won 3 Leagues, 2 FA and 3 League Cup. With these Cups you are already in M.Utd Hall of Fame. Then an offer come from Barca and you left for Barca. After some years you left M.Utd, M.Utd starts searching a new manager. If you have an option to choose M.Utd as your favorite; it will increase your chance to be considered as next M.Utd manager. And you should receive an offer from M.Utd since they think you will not turn their offer, because M.Utd. is one of your favorite club.

No, I understood it perfectly the first time. You leave team A and then go back to team A.

The game already acknowledges that you were a former manager so quite what the point of declaring it as a favorite club is? - I don't see the point. It can be assumed that you like the club - you managed them before so it should be self evident.

It is in the game, but you can't select your own favorite staff. For ex. Cristoph Daum's favourite Assistant Manager is Roland Koch. Chech Daum's history wherever he goes; he bring Roland Koch with him. As far as I remember for the last maybe 15 years Roland Koch is Daum's Assistant Manager.

YOU don't need to select your own favourite staff since YOU are the one making the decision. You already know your favourite staff.

It's the AI that needs favourite staff because it affects the AI decision making.

No, I understood it perfectly the first time. You leave team A and then go back to team A.

The game already acknowledges that you were a former manager so quite what the point of declaring it as a favorite club is? - I don't see the point. It can be assumed that you like the club - you managed them before so it should be self evident.

The only thing the game does is to set your relation in that club to -100 when you leave. But I guess that counts as "acknowledging you as a former manager of the club" too.

The only thing the game does is to set your relation in that club to -100 when you leave. But I guess that counts as "acknowledging you as a former manager of the club" too.

Yeah, that is kind of ridiculous. Definitely something that could be handled better.

Well, in terms of immersion, you already have an opinion about lots of aspects that are not registered in the game. You probably have favourite players and staff as well but you don't need the game to tell you which ones you prefer.

Quite right, the way you feel about clubs/people is something you build up through your own experiences, the game may not officially register it but that doesn't change anything.

Quite right, the way you feel about clubs/people is something you build up through your own experiences, the game may not officially register it but that doesn't change anything.

If the game register it, I would like to see it, and I want to have an option to set as favorite or least favorite. There is a possibity that I work for club A, but I don't want to work for team A again. So if I have the option to choose, I might not add club A along my favorites. I might want to add club A to my least favorites, even if I work for them for some years.

YOU don't need to select your own favourite staff since YOU are the one making the decision. You already know your favourite staff.

It's the AI that needs favourite staff because it affects the AI decision making.

It is true, but in some cases I can't sign the staff I signed before. For ex. I managed Besiktas for 4 years. Then 1 year unemployed, and then get the QPR job. Even though I am a world class manager, some of my staff as well as my Assistant manager in Besiktas didn't want to come to QPR. I could have set him as my favorite when I was in Besiktas, and it might make difference accepting QPR job.

It is true, but in some cases I can't sign the staff I signed before. For ex. I managed Besiktas for 4 years. Then 1 year unemployed, and then get the QPR job. Even though I am a world class manager, some of my staff as well as my Assistant manager in Besiktas didn't want to come to QPR. I could have set him as my favorite when I was in Besiktas, and it might make difference accepting QPR job.

No, the difference will only be if you're in his favoured personnel list.

Archived