Expectations of the fans.

Have recently stated a Real Madrid game, with the view of building a total youth team, so I haven't spent that much.

I drew arsenal in the group stage of the champions league. Went over to the Emirates with the odds against us due to Cronaldo out.

Arsenal 6/4 (fav)

R Madrid 13/8

we ended up drawing 2-2, bur this still disappointed the fans, with no real indication of why.

Do Madrids fans really consider Arsenal a team they should be beating comfortably away from home?

That being said this issue has been discussed a number of times already especially today, i reckon its abit unrealistic, however for Real Madrid they're abit different, so its not unrealistic for them. Madrid aren't really about 'youth'.

Really? The press conference asked me about beating them by three of four. Is that a realist ambition?

Even in real life, the answer to that is probably "yes", considering that this season alone they've spent around £230m on bringing in players. When you spend that sort of money, expectations are astronomical. A similar situation has been going on at Man City - under Mark Hughes this season they only lost 2 matches (4-3 vs Man Utd and 3-0 vs Tottenham) and were 6th in the league, but Hughes was still sacked because the team wasn't winning.

As much as it's ridiculous, it's true.

The other year Capello or Schuster (don't know which one) was sacked despite leading Real to the League title :confused: IIRC.

Thats nothing really considering Real only really give a damn about the Champions League which they last won in 2003 and even then Del Bosque got sacked after winning it.....go figure....

Archived