Just had a takeover

As the title says, I've just been taken over by a French consortium who thankfully, despite wanting to at the start, didn't replace me with Juande Ramos.

This game, I'm attempting to clear Liverpools debts so I'm managing without major signings and concentrating on youth and profitable sales (as well as trophies of course, sitting nicely a top of the Premier League and in the semi-finals of the Carling Cup).

I calculated the profit annually that Liverpool make which is roughly at £25,000,000. This would obviously increase depending on trophies won and position finished. The new chairman put £69,000,000 into the coffers which has steadied the ship for me in terms of loosening the purse strings but I still want to make that £25,000,000 profit annually to go towards the debt repayments.

I have two questions for all you savvy Football Manager's out there;

A) Is there any way I can find out just how rich this tycoon is? I go to the job security screen and it says that I am rich. Rich? Rich compare to Portsmouth or filthy stinking let's get wasted every night rich?

B) Can I make further payments on the monthly debt repayments? The monthly debt repayment is £2,500,000. £30,000,000 every year. If there is a lot of cash in the balance, will the chairman increase the repayments and/or is there a way I can increase them in order to pay off the debt quicker?

Thanks for reading.

I didn't say it was Football chairman.

From my point of view, it would be nice to have a little more control over finances (we can adjust the budget, isn't that something for the chairman too?).

Like I said, when my intention is to clear the debt by making small fee signings and then selling them on, winning trophies and what not, when you have a lot of money sitting in the bank that you aren't going to spend, it would be good if you could adjust repayments monthly or at least advise your chairman/manager director to put an extra million or so monthly. That way, I could see the ship balanced quicker and see the debt cleared just that little bit quicker.

Then get a new stadium have to do it all again... god... :p

It's Football Manager not Football Chairman we shouldn't have control over debt.

But you should be able to pressure them in some way. Benitez at Liverpool has been doing this since the Americans took over and Avram Grant has also gone on record about the financial issues at Portsmouth. This is not covered within the game and should be. If anything via press conferences. In fact you could say in a press conference "Chairman is an idiot" and the game wont notice the implication of the comment.

But you should be able to pressure them in some way. Benitez at Liverpool has been doing this since the Americans took over and Avram Grant has also gone on record about the financial issues at Portsmouth. This is not covered within the game and should be. If anything via press conferences. In fact you could say in a press conference "Chairman is an idiot" and the game wont notice the implication of the comment.

Thank you, this is exactly what I mean.

Stewart; Really? I hope so. Thanks for the reply. :)

A) Is there any way I can find out just how rich this tycoon is? I go to the job security screen and it says that I am rich. Rich? Rich compare to Portsmouth or filthy stinking let's get wasted every night rich?

Is it summer? In my Liverpool takeover game (a Serbian businessman, forget his name, but pumped in £153m and gave me a transfer kitty of £150m! which I'm currently avoiding touching - too easy if I buy every good player), a couple of weeks after that the 'Richest Clubs' list gets updated and I was 3rd behind Barca and Real. Sounds like you've got a slightly-less-rich tycoon, but I find there's no real problem for Liverpool anyway, if you're reasonably successful.

Redmark - I'm waiting for summer to see what the kitty is. He pumped £69m and then put a further £6.9m to improve the training and youth facilities. I think once the list comes out, like you said, I'll see how rich this fella is.

I'm in a similar place. Top of EPL with the pool and have been taken over by a biusiness consortium.

They took over in April and originally threatened to replace me with Bulgarian Hristo Stoichkov (sp). After a nervous two weeks, still maintaining top spot in th EPL they decided to keep me on. At the end of the season I won the EPL and got a new contract.

In terms of finances, they have pumed 70 mill into the club and updated the youth falicilites. My current balance is 110mill. Five years into the game the most I spent on a player was 5 mill ( I got Pato on a free transfer and he scored 18 Lg goals this season).

I am at start of June, when does the richlist message come up.

They took over in April and originally threatened to replace me with Bulgarian Hristo Stoichkov (sp). After a nervous two weeks, still maintaining top spot in th EPL they decided to keep me on. At the end of the season I won the EPL and got a new contract.

Mine took over in early June, threatened to replace me with Van Basten, then offered me a 4 year contract at £125k (from £61k) - making me the highest paid employee of the club :). That was after finishing 2nd in the EPL (by a point), FA & CC cup double winners, semis of the CL.

i think the furthest the game should go is you can tell the chairman you dont think you need all that money and arnt going to spend it so he can if he wants spend it elsewhere

bit like at arsenal where even though wenger has apparently been given a budget of at least 20mill its not the same 20 million or more that money is probably taken in and used by the club between transfer windows and then a new fund can be raised quickly in the next transfer window if they need it

i think the furthest the game should go is you can tell the chairman you dont think you need all that money and arnt going to spend it so he can if he wants spend it elsewhere

bit like at arsenal where even though wenger has apparently been given a budget of at least 20mill its not the same 20 million or more that money is probably taken in and used by the club between transfer windows and then a new fund can be raised quickly in the next transfer window if they need it

I agree.

I think we should be able to pressure board members with financial issues. Rafael Benitez managed to negotiate control over the academy. It's certainly something that could be added to the game in my opinion.

Archived