Manu, The Mystery.

I was just FMing and received a scouting report from Bierhoff in game. That Manu from Malaga CF was in the top of the list, I clicked his link and suddenly found his PA was at 200. But I'm very sure he is not in the -10 player list. So I checked him with the editor, and guess what did I found? A mystery player!

This is him at the beginning of the second season. No doubt, I'm gonna sign him lol

hs6d0y.jpg

The PA of this player is completely random

1z4witc.jpg

And all his personal attributes are random too

190e43.jpg

No ca/pa posts without spoiler tags. Thanks.

CA is meaningless and doesn't need to be spoilered.

The fact that this guy has a completely random PA also shouldn't need to be spoilered...

It isn't a bug. At most, it is a data error, but I even doubt that.

I think the researcher did this on purpose. It's discouraged, but not uncommon, to see players with 0 PA.

Are random PA's a thing of the past, a figment of my imagination or still possible? I swear they used to be in the game.

They are. 0 is random (1-200). (-1) up to (-10) are ranged random PAs- for example, -10 is 170-200 iirc.

CA is meaningless and doesn't need to be spoilered.

The fact that this guy has a completely random PA also shouldn't need to be spoilered...

It isn't a bug. At most, it is a data error, but I even doubt that.

I think the researcher did this on purpose. It's discouraged, but not uncommon, to see players with 0 PA.

Yes, the pa is only the way that made me notice him, or I won't find him. I agree with you, I think the research team did this for purpose, which means they're not sure about anything of this Manu. That's why i said he is mysery. I hope I used the correct word;)

I knew I wasn't mental. On this at least ;)

So this isn't a bug then? Just highly unlikely?

In theory, there's a 1 in 86 chance of him having 200 PA (PA must be equal to or greater than CA), but I believe the PA is more likely to be lower due to some sort of weighting.

Mascio had 0 PA, that's why he slipped past the checks.

In theory, there's a 1 in 86 chance of him having 200 PA (PA must be equal to or greater than CA), but I believe the PA is more likely to be lower due to some sort of weighting.

Mascio had 0 PA, that's why he slipped past the checks.

Thanks for clearing that up :thup:

Who's Mascio?

Thanks for clearing that up :thup:

Who's Mascio?

He was a non-real player inserted into the game, at Cisco Roma, by an Italian researcher with really pumped up stats, so he was a brilliant cheap transfer (roughly £100k). This was done in FM09. Examples in previous games were To Madeira (IIRC) and Anatoli Todorov. I think there were a few ridiculuous Sammarinese players in FM05 as well.

He was a non-real player inserted into the game, at Cisco Roma, by an Italian researcher with really pumped up stats, so he was a brilliant cheap transfer (roughly £100k). This was done in FM09. Examples in previous games were To Madeira (IIRC) and Anatoli Todorov. I think there were a few ridiculuous Sammarinese players in FM05 as well.

I remember Madeira being lethal whatever level he played at. I think Anatoli Todorov is a real player though still playing in Bulgaria now!

Archived