Which manager do you model yourself on?

Before I go off to play FM (impossible to run another window when it's on), I just wondered what manager(s) everyone thinks themself to be like?

Are you a Wenger? No stone unturned, every factor in management from dieting to boot sizes matters. Plus your always on the look out for young talent (yes, very funny!)

Are you a Clough? Football to you is simple. The defenders defend, the attackers attack and they know there jobs so why go into too much detail? Your eccentric to say the least, too.

Or are you a Mourinho? Your players can come to you with anything. Some call you big-headed, you prefer confident.

Personally, I think I'm a mixture of Clough and Wenger. I love the tactical side of them game, but I love Clough and like to think I'm somehow like him :D.

This was just a quick thread, as I just wondered who everyone thought themselves most likely to be similar too. I just gave some quick examples of managers, but feel free to add you own.

Joe Harvey as I've brough silverware to Tyneside :D

Of the options though I kind of like to combine aspects of all 3. I use Wengers financial approach and youth philosophy, keep it simple on the pitch like Clough used to do and am as confident as I can be in the game, like Mourinho :)

I would say a Mourinho...im am totally in awe of the man...he is a "walking phenom as i would say....he can motivate dressing rooms and if he lived during the time of the great emperors...trust me no army with him as general would lose a war...and neither did Chelsea lose much...(bar the goal that never was) But on the other side....I do admire Wenger...his approach to the game...his purest philosophy...ARsenal fans do criticize him for not buying and he can be a bit stubborn at times as well as french ignorant...but hes goona be remembered for all that he has achieved...and I think no other team other than barca can plays futball like wengers arsenal...even though all they do is pass the ball around to each other...yeah so i would say im mourinho as a manager and I try to adopt wengers philosophy ...with a mixture of cruff....I believe in total football...and a purist in the game...I have only been on this planet for the last 16 years...so havnt been influenced by a lot of previous managers....but the once person who has really influenced me is Jose Mourinho...people may not really like him for his arrogance...but if you can back your claim....he can talk all he wants to...and some can chose to ignore him...but i aint....

Mourinho was the only reason I actually started supporting Chelsea...and offcourse some of the players...like cech, robben, drogba, lampard, terry, gudjohnsen, essien. A couple of them have moved on but will probably lose interest in chelsea if the remaining players leave or when they retire...chelsea dont really have any history you can be proud off. I dont live in England and speaking from the USA, so havnt really adopted the team my father supported growing up or havnt really had the local team to support or dont have that hate for any specific team other than Man U ...id probably lose the hate if mourinho takes over from ferguson and will probably hate them even more once mourinho leaves that post...LOL!!!!...I have always been a purist and believe in a way the game should be played...I've grown up supporting barcelona and arsenal...and some people would call be a traitor for supporting chelsea at the same time...hell I am a supporter of the game thats all i care about...

Marcello Lippi!!

mainly becouse of is famous line :)

"a group of the best players do not necessarily make for the best team." What is more important, is that the tactical plan or formation is one that allows each player to maximize their utility for their teammates and the expression of their full potential.

Joe Harvey as I've brough silverware to Tyneside :D

Of the options though I kind of like to combine aspects of all 3. I use Wengers financial approach and youth philosophy, keep it simple on the pitch like Clough used to do and am as confident as I can be in the game, like Mourinho :)

Same her mate.:thup::)

im like wenger (and like fergie imo) cuz i like signing giving youngsters a chance

ive generally been a role theory kind of guy (apparently thats also wenger)

but im more like fergie cuz i chooses wins over cute little short passes

and i found the next ronaldo......his name happens to be cristiano and hes english :D

Sean O'driscoll, always calm and relexed which rubs of on my players who play without fear.

Plus of course the 'total football stye' the patient one touch pass and move on the deck style football, which O'driscoll's teams are renowned for.

Not that i can get most of the teams i manage, to dominate possesion like Doncaster do in real life on FM.

But still, i try. ;)

I'd say i'm a Gentleman (Bobby robson) i would model myself on

On a lighter note i just found this, what a pleb! lol

Graeme Souness

As a player, his name struck fear into opponents. As a manager, he has been more terrifying for his own clubs. Nearly two decades of sackings and disappointment after his success at Rangers, Souness, remarkably, still rates himself as one of the big guns. He spent nearly £50m on a relegation battle at Newcastle, and told Deco he wasn't going to cut it at Benfica - replacing him with Sheffield Wednesday's Mark Pembridge - but it's at Liverpool where the wrecking ball did most damage. Britain's most successful club are still recovering today. Souness doesn't so much lose the dressing room as rarely find it to start with.

oh yea im also mark hughes cuz when the ref says there will be 3 mins of added time....my opponent manages to find the net in the 96th....

and i get fired after winning a game....

Wenger in looking for good youth prospects (one a year) and keeping an eye in the finances. Clough in the 'simplistic' tactic approach and willingness to look elsewhere than the big (well, biggest) boys for employment (I can't imagine a league winning manager going to the lower leagues even once, let alone twice) and try and instead make another club as big as I can. Also Hodgson for wanting to take in as many places abroad as possible rather than just stay at home and have a succession of jobs featuring survival/consolidation/the occasional threat of europe year on year.

I would model myself on Big Boy Barry Fry, he has the build of a greasy spoon eater and the mouth of a chav of a north London council estate and the motivaton of a taliban beginner.

Ever since the non league barnet days he was one of those guys who had a precence and image of a sunday football league manager.

He made crap teams and crap players look standard, instead of sub standard and made millions through selling crap players.

Even when cm was released in 1992 they had a Barry Fry look alike on the box, he is a genius.

Well I don't know who do I resemble the most but I like my results do the talking.

When I was a younger manager, I responded negatively to all managers who talk badly to me or worst, at my team. Now that I'm 62, I tend to be neutral and annihilate my opponents on the pitch.

Archived