Liverpool - 10.3

Is there a good challenge in managing Liverpool on 10.3? I am quite interested in managing them if they have small budgets and board problems, because then it will be a be a good challenge. Also, as a side interest has anyone failed badly as the real team have this season on 10.3 had to really rebuild the club?

Thanks.

Difficult financially first season, but still achieved 3rd in prem, had to sell a few squad players to make ends meet. 2nd season and just had purslow take over from hicks as chairman, couple of good buys and top after 1 defeat in 1st 10 games.

Yeah it's a decent challenge. I'm in my second season...first was tough but I did ok. Had a board take over from a Mexican guy...who wanted to replace me with a Mexican manager, but I'm still here.

Tough finding a tactic that works i'm finding.

I started a new lfc save on 10.3 and I am doing very well.

Prem - Top by 4 points with 6 games to go.

Champs league - Semi final.

Board - Taken over half way through first season and they pumped 150mill into the coffers and gave me 50mill to spend in January. The club is still in a lot of debt but the debt is well covered with the 150mill.

Players in - Matteo brighi 7mill

Manuel vargas 11mill

David mendes da silva 4mill

Oscar cardozo 8mill

Lee naylor 1mill

Chidi odiah free

Sandro 11mill

I got lucky with the new board, as at the start of the season you need to do a lot of wealing and dealing as there isn't much money to spend. You will have to sell if you want to buy 'kwality'. ;)

Major transfers out - Dirk kuyt 14mill

Albert riera 12mill

Emiliano insua 10mill

Lauri dalla valle 3mill

Phillip degen 5mill

Gerrardo bruna 2.2mill

It's definitely more of a challenge than taking over any of the other big English clubs. Just make sure you don't spend to much on players over 48months. That will kill the club for sure, unless of course a tycoon takes over and clears all the debt away. :thup:

I started a new lfc save on 10.3 and I am doing very well.

Prem - Top by 4 points with 6 games to go.

Champs league - Semi final.

Board - Taken over half way through first season and they pumped 150mill into the coffers and gave me 50mill to spend in January. The club is still in a lot of debt but the debt is well covered with the 150mill.

Players in - Matteo brighi 7mill

Manuel vargas 11mill

David mendes da silva 4mill

Oscar cardozo 8mill

Lee naylor 1mill

Chidi odiah free

Sandro 11mill

I got lucky with the new board, as at the start of the season you need to do a lot of wealing and dealing as there isn't much money to spend. You will have to sell if you want to buy 'kwality'. ;)

Major transfers out - Dirk kuyt 14mill

Albert riera 12mill

Emiliano insua 10mill

Lauri dalla valle 3mill

Phillip degen 5mill

Gerrardo bruna 2.2mill

It's definitely more of a challenge than taking over any of the other big English clubs. Just make sure you don't spend to much on players over 48months. That will kill the club for sure, unless of course a tycoon takes over and clears all the debt away. :thup:

Lee naylor :eek:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153918

Take a look at this thread, very active and full of information. Only issue i find with it is that alot of the more active people seam to want to clear out most of the existing squad and replace them with top youngsters or big names from season one. And alot of people signing people on silly money by using the 48month payment option which for a long term game is silly, but it does mean that they unrealisticly win everything within the 1st couple of seasons.

I have just started a game, still in the 1st few months and im keeping the squad together to start with, ive only signed one player. Its a good challenge as long as you dont overhall the team, if you do, you may as well be managing any of the top sides.

Lee naylor :eek:

I know, I wouldn't usually but desperate times require desperate measures.

He is on 5k a week and cost 1milliion, also decent cover for the always injured fabio and the excellent vargas.

Played 14 games and got an average rating of 7.06 with 4 assists and 0 mistakes leading to goals.

Fans think it was a great piece of business as do I for 3rd choice left back (practically second choice as fabio is injured every time he even looks at a football, he has played 4 games). Have to remember there is practically no budget at the start of a game and I should refer you to my earlier post and how well I am doing.

Archived