FM10- Game takes an age to go to Tactics Screen

I really want to get into the game, but am finding the game take a good couple of seconds to go to the Tactics screen on 10.2.

Is/Was this a known issue, and has it been fixed in 10.3?

Many thanks

sorry for late reply,yeah i do use a laptop.

i did see somewhere on these forums a way of making the tactic screen quicker by changing it back to the old graphic.i couldnt get it to work though :( and cant find the post now.think it was in the skinning forum.

I remember something about this... I think it has something to do with the perspective on the tactics screen.

"<boolean id="perspective" value="true" />", changing this to false in "tactic panel.xml" should "fix" it, I guess.

It's in the panels.fmf file.

Open "Resource Archiver".

Click "Extract Archive" and choose the panels.fmf, it's in the Football Manager 2010\data folder.

Next screen will look identical, but now you need to select a folder you wish to extract to, it can be any folder, preferably somewhere easily accessible.

Open that new folder...

Now you'll have lots of *.xml files, find tactic panel.xml and open it with a Notepad, search for "perspective" and change the value="true" to false, save and close the notepad/file.

Go back to your Resource Archiver window and now click on "Create Archive", choose the folder you've just been in, then you'll be asked to choose where to save the *.fmf file, it doesn't really matter where, like before, save it somewhere accessible.

Backup your old panels.fmf (just in case) and put your newly created one in the Football Manager 2010\data folder.

Perhaps I made it look more complicated than it really is.

If you're using a custom skin, simply put the edited "tactic panel.xml" file in the panels folder (like, "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\neue2\panels"), although you still need to extract that xml file from the archive, or download it somewhere.

Archived