injuries arghhh!!!

hi,

i know there have been numerous threads on this but i just received FM10 last week and have been really tryin to get into it but everytime i play it the injury situation leaves me screamin at the screen. im barely 6 weeks into my barca season and not a game goes by where at least 1 (sometimes more) players have to come of injured. i find myself most weeks havin to play under 19s cos my top players are always missing.

my training schedules are all medium with strength and aerobics 5 notches from the left. the only thing i have intensive is tactics but why in gods name tactics training would cos injuries during a match is beyond me.

ive tryed rotating my players but even when i do they very rarely go above 95% for the next match.

ive hired the best fitness coaches available.

and dont get me started in subbin players. by the time i get to 60 mins all of my players are down to 80% and this is where the injuries allways seem to happen. my last game for example had messi, henry and big zlatan all taken off injured!! all players condition was around 75-80% when they came off

as far as closin down is concerned i dont have anyone above the medium setting and the sam goes for tempo.

and the most annoyin part. when i looked at what injuries they received!! gashed legs and a damaged elbows from a fall???? wtf have these injuries got to do with what condition they were in?????

i remember these issues bein really bad back when FM 09 was releases but from what i remember, at this stage last year i didnt feel anywhere near as ****ed off as i am with FM10.

ive been a loyal follower of the champ series since 93 but for me the fun seems to have gone. its been replaced by stupid code algorythms that say when players go below 80% condition they receice RANDOM injuries.

wtf has happened to my beloved champ series?

hi,

i know there have been numerous threads on this but i just received FM10 last week and have been really tryin to get into it but everytime i play it the injury situation leaves me screamin at the screen. im barely 6 weeks into my barca season and not a game goes by where at least 1 (sometimes more) players have to come of injured. i find myself most weeks havin to play under 19s cos my top players are always missing.

my training schedules are all medium with strength and aerobics 5 notches from the left. the only thing i have intensive is tactics but why in gods name tactics training would cos injuries during a match is beyond me.

ive tryed rotating my players but even when i do they very rarely go above 95% for the next match.

ive hired the best fitness coaches available.

and dont get me started in subbin players. by the time i get to 60 mins all of my players are down to 80% and this is where the injuries allways seem to happen. my last game for example had messi, henry and big zlatan all taken off injured!! all players condition was around 75-80% when they came off

as far as closin down is concerned i dont have anyone above the medium setting and the sam goes for tempo.

and the most annoyin part. when i looked at what injuries they received!! gashed legs and a damaged elbows from a fall???? wtf have these injuries got to do with what condition they were in?????

i remember these issues bein really bad back when FM 09 was releases but from what i remember, at this stage last year i didnt feel anywhere near as ****ed off as i am with FM10.

ive been a loyal follower of the champ series since 93 but for me the fun seems to have gone. its been replaced by stupid code algorythms that say when players go below 80% condition they receice RANDOM injuries.

wtf has happened to my beloved champ series?

You can get around it somewhat for the time being by using an editor like FMRTE to reduce your players' injury proneness. I set all my players to 5-10 (no-one above 10) injury proneness and now I still get plenty of injuries (had 8 in the first team squad at one time) , some long ones too, but it's more manageable.

There's also an option to heal the entire squad but I don't find that realistic so don't use it.

Of course this workaround shouldn't replace SI looking at this issue closely for the next game.

You can get around it somewhat for the time being by using an editor like FMRTE to reduce your players' injury proneness. I set all my players to 5-10 (no-one above 10) injury proneness and now I still get plenty of injuries (had 8 in the first team squad at one time) , some long ones too, but it's more manageable.

There's also an option to heal the entire squad but I don't find that realistic so don't use it.

Of course this workaround shouldn't replace SI looking at this issue closely for the next game.

And you find it realistic to edit your players' injury proneness, do you?

I won't comment on your use of FMRTE but why should SI look at this "issue" and who says its an issue anyway.

If anything injuries possibly need increased to match RL figures.

There is also the ongoing injury thread: Injury Thread

and I'll post the links again to Arsenal's RL Injury History & Blackburn's RL Injury History

i only had 2 players eligible for champions league due to injurys, some were minor so had to use them, 5 were injured and player plus 2 no injured, also i was allowed a few reserves, managed to get 13 players for celtic game.

i was arsenal,

mannone

campbell

gibbs

hoyte

jay thomas

merida

barazite

fabregas

lansbury

vela

sunu

this was my staring 11, this was my qualifier game and lost 4-1 to celtic with arsenal.

had more players avalible on return leg and smashed them 6-0 what the hell is with all the injurys

And you find it realistic to edit your players' injury proneness, do you?

I find that it results in a more realistic scenario. Actually, I expected a lot less injuries by doing that but it's about the same as before, only a little less. If you read my post carefully you will have seen I said I had 8 injured players in the first team at one point. I don't think that's too few injuries.

I find that it results in a more realistic scenario. Actually, I expected a lot less injuries by doing that but it's about the same as before, only a little less. If you read my post carefully you will have seen I said I had 8 injured players in the first team at one point. I don't think that's too few injuries.

Changing every player's down to under 10 is very unrealistic... think of players like Owen, Ashton etc

Still cheating imo.

I won't comment on your use of FMRTE but why should SI look at this "issue" and who says its an issue anyway.

Because plenty of people are reporting too many injuries. So it's an issue for some, even if it's not an issue for you.

If anything injuries possibly need increased to match RL figures.

Oh, so you agree it is an issue (too many injuries or not enough, discuss the issue). :)

Did I say he couldn't? No. How about you read posts correctly before saying butting into a conversation with something that doesn't contribute to it? :thdn:

how about you not going into every thread with snide little comments to try and start arguments. this is all you do

Injuries arghhh!!!

More like: dumb threads with no basis in fact, arghhh!!!!

I've said all there is to say in the thread that Cougar has linked you to. Other people have also provided stats.

This dumb thread is even more galling in that you admit that you know theres other threads about it? So why break forum rules to open another one?

how about you not going into every thread with snide little comments to try and start arguments. this is all you do

He posted a way of getting around the problem the OP had, I questioned him on it. When he explained it, I accepted it, but stated my opinion on the subject.

As it obviously didn't bother him, then I wonder why it bothers you. There was no reason for you to comment, other than that you're looking for an argument. If so, you won't find one here.

He posted a way of getting around the problem the OP had, I questioned him on it. When he explained it, I accepted it, but stated my opinion on the subject.

As it obviously didn't bother him, then I wonder why it bothers you. There was no reason for you to comment, other than that you're looking for an argument. If so, you won't find one here.

And you find it realistic to edit your players' injury proneness, do you? snide comment

Still cheating imo. whether is cheating or not that doesnt matter and there was no need for you to say its cheating. as i said, your opinion on whether its cheating or not doesnt matter

And you find it realistic to edit your players' injury proneness, do you? snide comment

Still cheating imo. whether is cheating or not that doesnt matter and there was no need for you to say its cheating. as i said, your opinion on whether its cheating or not doesnt matter

No, it was a question. You need to learn to decifer what people mean when they make comments.

If you don't want opinions passed on things, then I suggest you make a private forum, where no one can ever actually comment on anything. A forum is for discussion and therefore will be used for such.

And you still haven't told me why the hell you care about me discussing this subject.

I don't think that was a snide comment. I felt it was a valid question.

The interweb allows people to express their opinions, so Vic has.

You 2 should stop arguing and everyone should get to the real heart of the matter here and help these poor deluded souls understand that it is not an injury bug its something wrong they are doing.

No, it was a question. You need to learn to decifer what people mean when they make comments.

If you don't want opinions passed on things, then I suggest you make a private forum, where no one can ever actually comment on anything. A forum is for discussion and therefore will be used for such.

And you still haven't told me why the hell you care about me discussing this subject.

i read it as a snide sarcastic comment. if it wasnt then i apologise

Because plenty of people are reporting too many injuries. So it's an issue for some, even if it's not an issue for you.

No, plenty of toys are being thrown out of prams because they can't play their first eleven for 60 games a season.

I've provided the links for real life injuries at premiership clubs over the last six years and in my save for the last three seasons.

No one that has complained has made any attempt to do the same, preferring just to throw a tantrum when they have several players out at once.

Oh, so you agree it is an issue (too many injuries or not enough, discuss the issue). :)

Ok, fair comment.

If injuries are at different levels to RL the fact is that FM is on the conservative side if anything.

Still cheating imo.

Thanks for your opinion.

Cheating for me, is when you save before a match, so that if you lose you can re-play it. Cheating for me, is giving a player more ability than you really think he has.

For example, I changed Vermaelen in the editor. Why? Because I disagree he's as bad as made out in the 10.3 database. That cheating? Or making the game slightly more realistic from my perspective?

Twice now, in the space of one year game-wise, I have experienced the other-club-approaches-one-of-your-staff-and-signs-them-on-the-same-day-without-giving-you-a-chance-to-offer-them-a-new-contract bug.

I used the editor to rectify that. Very handy. That bug isn't realistic so I'm glad I have an editor to change it.

That's why it isn't necessarily cheating, in my opinion. I don't get enjoyment if I feel I'm cheating (giving my team more than what I truly feel it ought to have). Just like I don't get enjoyment from seeing that something is less than it should be, or doesn't work right.

I posted what I did to help people get enjoyment out of the game, as I'm doing. So that if someone thinks there are too many injuries, they can know that by reducing injury proneness using an editor, it helps somewhat and isn't unrealistic as you still get plenty of injuries anyway.

Hope this helps enlighten you about what's cheating and what isn't.

Thanks for your opinion.

Cheating for me, is when you save before a match, so that if you lose you can re-play it. Cheating for me, is giving a player more ability than you really think he has.

For example, I changed Vermaelen in the editor. Why? Because I disagree he's as bad as made out in the 10.3 database. That cheating? Or making the game slightly more realistic from my perspective?

Twice now, in the space of one year game-wise, I have experienced the other-club-approaches-one-of-your-staff-and-signs-them-on-the-same-day-without-giving-you-a-chance-to-offer-them-a-new-contract bug.

I used the editor to rectify that. Very handy. That bug isn't realistic so I'm glad I have an editor to change it.

That's why it isn't necessarily cheating, in my opinion. I don't get enjoyment if I feel I'm cheating (giving my team more than what I truly feel it ought to have). Just like I don't get enjoyment from seeing that something is less than it should be, or doesn't work right.

I posted what I did to help people get enjoyment out of the game, as I'm doing. So that if someone thinks there are too many injuries, they can know that by reducing injury proneness using an editor, it helps somewhat and isn't unrealistic as you still get plenty of injuries anyway.

Not at all, this is your justification of your cheating.

As I've said before, I really don't care what you people do in your own homes but don't come on here bragging about it or trying to justify your actions. :thdn:

Thanks for your opinion.

You're welcome.

Cheating for me' date=' is when you save before a match, so that if you lose you can re-play it. Cheating for me, is giving a player more ability than you [i']really[/i] think he has.

Isn't cheating manipulating the game to your advantage? I believe you have done that.

It isn't as black and white as what is and isn't cheating. What is "cheating" is decided by the individual, not the majority.

Not at all, this is your justification of your cheating.

Great spin, mate. You'd make a fine politician.

As I've said before, I really don't care what you people do in your own homes but don't come on here bragging about it or trying to justify your actions.

Hey, you've even got the essential quality of telling others what to do, as well.

I thought you were justifying it. Though there's probably a better word for it. :)

Hey' date=' you've even got the essential quality of telling others what to do, as well.[/quote']

If you've edited your database in any way that gives you an advantage, I'm sure you'll agree that it would be wrong to come onto the forums and boast, yes?

I thought you were justifying it. Though there's probably a better word for it. :)

If you've edited your database in any way that gives you an advantage, I'm sure you'll agree that it would be wrong to come onto the forums and boast, yes?

im sorry but i fail to see where he was boasting. He simply said he edited his players injury proneness to between 5 and 10 to see if that would reduce the injuries but it didnt make much difference anyway.

Am i missing something?

There's people who think the worst of others, and people who give the benefit of the doubt. The latter type could probably find a better word for it.

I don't like boasting, no.

I suppose you don't like people making incorrect assumptions about your motives/actions either, yes?

The only advantage it gives me (as I don't play network games) is that it makes my game slightly more realistic, for me.

im sorry but i fail to see where he was boasting. He simply said he edited his players injury proneness to between 5 and 10 to see if that would reduce the injuries but it didnt make much difference anyway.

Am i missing something?

Did I say he was boasting? No.

Again, read posts properly before replying to them.

There's people who think the worst of others, and people who give the benefit of the doubt. The latter type could probably find a better word for it.

It's not so black and white as that.

I don't like boasting' date=' no.[/quote']

Good.

I suppose you don't like people making incorrect assumptions about your motives/actions either' date=' yes?[/quote']

If you want to have a sensible discussion, then you should stop the aggressive comments.

The only advantage it gives me (as I don't play network games) is that it makes my game slightly more realistic' date=' for me.[/quote']

You can't possibly see every effect your changes have on the game.

im just asking why the word boast as come into this as there has clearly been no boasting going on

Eh. It's me who's been accused of cheating and boasting. Are you sure you are capable of having a sensible discussion in light of what you just said?

I suppose I'm going to have to spell it out for you, aren't I? :rolleyes:

1. I have not accused you of cheating. I stated that, imo, what you were doing was cheating. That is not an accusation.

2. I have not accused you of boasting. edgar555 made a comment, you replied, and I replied to that.

3. You compared you being "accused" of cheating to StevoRobbo accusing me of being sarcastic. This is not something that is needed in a sensible discussion.

Would you like to continue this discussion in an adult fashion or not?

Hey, you've even got the essential quality of telling others what to do, as well.

Thanks for your comments.

I'd just like to point out I never said you boasted about anything or that you would. I was merely stating my position on cheating.

And don't forget to vote Edgar555:D

I don't know weather to cry or to laugh on this discussion.

Personally I think it is little higher in match to have many injuries and the condition of players go way lower then 80% whcih is unreal for me.

I don't know weather to cry or to laugh on this discussion.

Personally I think it is little higher in match to have many injuries and the condition of players go way lower then 80% whcih is unreal for me.

Laugh, mate. It'll make us all feel better. :D

I suppose I'm going to have to spell it out for you, aren't I? :rolleyes:

1. I have not accused you of cheating. I stated that, imo, what you were doing was cheating. That is not an accusation.

2. I have not accused you of boasting. edgar555 made a comment, you replied, and I replied to that.

3. You compared you being "accused" of cheating to StevoRobbo accusing me of being sarcastic. This is not something that is needed in a sensible discussion.

Would you like to continue this discussion in an adult fashion or not?

Certainly, sir. I'm waiting for you to catch up.

Perhaps when you are able to spell things out correctly, and explain why you are making things up, then there will be more hope of this continuing in a more adult fashion?

Cheating is bad. When someone is told they are cheating, it is therefore an accusation of having done something bad. Regardless of the fact it is just an opinion and not a law-suit.

I have therefore been falsely accused of cheating and being aggressive (by you) and boasting and cheating, and justifying my cheating (by edgar555).

Not that it matters much, apart from what it tells others about yourselves. But it was astounding to read you hypocritically accusing me of making aggressive comments in light of THAT (your own comments). Perhaps the old trick or self-defence mechanism of accusing others of what you yourself are guilty of? Or could it be that you suffer from an "I can dish it out, but nobody should dish it back at me" arrogant disposition?

You said: "3. You compared you being "accused" of cheating to StevoRobbo accusing me of being sarcastic. "

Where did you get that false impression (yet another)? Where do I compare me being accused of cheating to SteveRobbo accusing you of being sarcastic? I haven't made mention of anything Steve has said at all. :|

Thanks for your comments.

I'd just like to point out I never said you boasted about anything or that you would. I was merely stating my position on cheating.

And don't forget to vote Edgar555:D

"don't come on here bragging * about it or trying to justify your actions."

* Boasting.

Carry on like this, and you'll be Prime Minister in no time. ;)

Certainly, sir. I'm waiting for you to catch up.

Perhaps when you are able to spell things out correctly, and explain why you are making things up, then there will be more hope of this continuing in a more adult fashion?

Lovely! What exactly am I making up?

Cheating is bad. When someone is told they are cheating' date=' it is therefore an accusation of having done something bad. Regardless of the fact it is just an opinion and not a law-suit.[/quote']

I did not tell you were cheating. I stated that, imo, it was cheating.

I have therefore been falsely accused of cheating and being aggressive (by you) and boasting and cheating' date=' and justifying my cheating (by edgar555).[/quote']

You were being aggressive. You were also justifying (still need a better word) how you play the game.

Not that it matters much' date=' apart from what it tells others about yourselves. But it was astounding to read you hypocritically accusing me of making aggressive comments in light of THAT (your own comments). Perhaps the old trick or self-defence mechanism of accusing others of what you yourself are guilty of? Or could it be that you suffer from an "I can dish it out, but nobody should dish it back at me" arrogant disposition?[/quote']

Show me where I have been aggressive. And btw, your above response is again aggressive.

You said: "3. You compared you being "accused" of cheating to StevoRobbo accusing me of being sarcastic. "

Where did you get that false impression (yet another)? Where do I compare me being accused of cheating to SteveRobbo accusing you of being sarcastic? I haven't made mention of anything Steve has said at all. :|

Ha! So now you're trying to back out of it? By all means' date=' do that, but you could at least try and do it well.

If you want to see where you did this:

I suppose you don't like people making incorrect assumptions about your motives/actions either, yes?

Lovely! What exactly am I making up?

Ha! So now you're trying to back out of it? By all means, do that, but you could at least try and do it well.

If you want to see where you did this:

I said this -

"I suppose you don't like people making incorrect assumptions about your motives/actions either, yes?"

And you say that is supposed to be me comparing something that SteveRobbo had said to you?

That's just another incorrect assumption.

I said that because you were doing it to me. i.e. How would you feel if someone else did that to you?

One of us, or both of us, have to call this a day now, as we're way off-topic and the Mods won't be happy. So I'll say cheerio here. ;)

I said this -

"I suppose you don't like people making incorrect assumptions about your motives/actions either, yes?"

And you say that is supposed to be me comparing something that SteveRobbo had said to you?

That's just another incorrect assumption.

I said that because you were doing it to me. i.e. How would you feel if someone else did that to you?

One of us, or both of us, have to call this a day now, as we're way off-topic and the Mods won't be happy. So I'll say cheerio here. ;)

Okay, mate. I have no argument with you as long as no further insults are exchanged. :thup:

But I didn't make any assumption about you? :confused:

im not expecting SI to respond to any of my points although it would be great it they did. i guess to sum up my original post -

1 - players seem to get injured when they fall below 80% condition, i mean like every 2nd game (what a joke). is there any way to stop this hapnin or at least keep players condition above 80%?

2 - wtf do gashed legs and a damaged elbow from a fall have to do with players fallin below the 80% condition threshold during a game?

im not expecting SI to respond to any of my points although it would be great it they did. i guess to sum up my original post -

1 - players seem to get injured when they fall below 80% condition, i mean like every 2nd game (what a joke). is there any way to stop this hapnin or at least keep players condition above 80%?

2 - wtf do gashed legs and a damaged elbow from a fall have to do with players fallin below the 80% condition threshold during a game?

Well to summarise:

1 - Absolute rubbish, virtually all of my players finish a match below 80% fitness and only a small % are ever injured. Feel free to prove me wrong though by providing evidence of all your players being injured when they drop to 80% fitness.

2 - Nothing, but then that doesn't happen does it.

so your basically sayin im makin this stuff up??? how very mature of ya!!

i wouldnt mind some constructive responses, not knobs like you callin me a liar. but then how can anyone answer the questions i asked, i dont think there is any logical answers to them. why 3 players would come off injured in a game with the injuries i decribed if well beyond a coincedence.

i really dont see what else i can do to avoid these injury problems and they're seriously makin my game a no fun zone. ive never looked at any other footy manager games apart from this series since 1993 but maybe it is indeed time to check out championship manager which i never thought id say.

Archived